2019/20 Gylfi Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure the reason for the hate he gets. With proper players around him you will get a really good player. Unfortunately for him and us he has been pl with utter dross. All opinions of course but he's no where near as bad as people are making out.

His attitude stinks and he hides. Neither of them have anything to do with his teammates and have everything to do with him having the wrong mentality.

Not sure the reason for the hate he gets. With proper players around him you will get a really good player. Unfortunately for him and us he has been pl with utter dross. All opinions of course but he's no where near as bad as people are making out.

I think if he was bought for 20m and was on 80k a week there would be no issue, and yes it’s not his fault about these things, but most fans work (rightly or wrongly) on an input/output basis. For what we pay him he does a load of pointing and hiding... if you remove set pieces he gets you maybe 4 goals a season (goals and assists). And yes, that is a large chunk removed, but last season (IMO) Digne was a superior corner & set piece taker, so he’s not even our primary one of those. And then we’ve just got James... who will be our primary set piece taker.

Also generally he receives the ball and passes backwards, and I think most fans are done with that constant pattern of possession.

His attitude stinks and he hides. Neither of them have anything to do with his teammates and have everything to do with him having the wrong mentality.
Not sure about him hiding, he's never been a tackler or vocal he's even admitted that. But I take your opinion no problem. I just think he's one of those players who plays with better players around him.

He has the ability but like others it's his attitude that's the problem. It looked as if he downed tools for large parts of last season. There can't be any excuses for that and I don't accept any.

That's why I don't want him in the team and would rather we got him off the books, but that's going to be difficult.

Not sure about him hiding, he's never been a tackler or vocal he's even admitted that. But I take your opinion no problem. I just think he's one of those players who plays with better players around him.

Understand your view point as he can add a touch of class on occasion but that is usually associated with his goals. I'll personally never forgive him for his performance in the cup derby last season.

He is supposed to be our vice-captain and was captain of his country and was embarrassing and weak against kids. He wasn't the only one but the others (particularly in that midfield) were just as guilty. He was also called out and highlighted on numerous other occasions last season pulling out of tackles and not wanting the ball by pundits.

He is a player who needs no pressure on him to perform. I'd sell him tomorrow if the option was there.

Didn’t make it at Spurs, hasn’t made it here.

In every sport & every walk of life really there are some who thrive as a big fish in a small pond. They need to be the main man.

When he’s been in a group with better players, he’s disappeared.

Let’s hope he wants a new challenge.

My guess is that James, class act that he is, insisted on not taking ANYONE's number from them. This ain't no Ronaldo 'all about me' ya know! ;)

Aye, it's not the first time he's worn 19 in his career anyway. Started off at 19 playing club football in Colombia and I think he wore 19 at Porto as well.
Though i guess that's common with the whole 1+9 = 10 buzz

He'll probably wear the 10 for us next season, can't see them changing his number this year even if Gylfi is sold now - there'll already have been tonnes of jerseys sold with 19 on the back.

1599570645920.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.