2019/20 Gylfi Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some people just won’t admit they got something wrong like a normal person would. Their next hill to die on will be “he’ll be crap again next season” despite everything pointing to further improvement.
I’ll happily admit I’m wrong next season if he keeps this up

I’d say you have limited experience of watching football because DCL has improved almost every aspect of his game this season. He was already a good ‘workhorse’ type striker but he’s added goals to his game, some of which very smart finishes and poachers goals.
Imagine how many more he'd score with an actual footballer behind him rather than this rat from Iceland.

You won’t though.
I will. Assuming we're talking about DCL and not the waste of a spot this thread it is. I think DCL went through a really good spell this year but I don't think it will continue. If he does I will happily hold my hand up and say I got it wrong with him.

Not Gylfi tho, the lad has been crap from day 1 here with the exception of about 15 matches.

Off Topic
Why would you have that attitude though? Why not get behind him?
Didn’t know it was a requirement. Maybe you should see your way to Schniederlin’s thread and tell those people... or Davies’... or Delph’s... or Keane’s.

Point is as long as he continues scoring goals he serves a purpose but I have serious doubts he will with his current level of ability. Also having a player that believes their current level is good enough just because they are scoring goals never breeds improvement.

If he does, I’m not going to settle with him being a top level prem striker just because he hits the 20 goal mark. Benteke and Charlie Austin both got to the 20 goal mark and both were deemed as top strikers but what are they doing now?

I want him to prove me wrong and would be happy if he does as it would show he has ten fold the amount of determination as players like Neymar who are naturally gifted and can get on just on that alone

Status
Not open for further replies.