2019/20 Gylfi Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Couldn't be more wrong about Lewin, his all round play is great and has been for a while. The only thing missing has been goals which looks like it is starting to change.

The complete opposite of waste man Sig.
I said that previously about DCL, he's got really good attributes at everything just TERRIBLE at scoring goals. Not sure if this is a patch or he's "figured it out" but everything else of his is pretty sound.

Have been reading Carlo’s book (must read for all Blues, can’t believe he is our manager).

He talks about transitioning Pirlo from an AM to a DM/deep lying midfielder and it immediately sounded like a comparison to what he is *trying* to do with Gylfi.

No expectation to tackle or to press, just organise and pass etc... now obviously Gylfi couldn’t tie up Pirlo’s boots, but I think Carlo is trying to do something similar.

In saying all of that, and worryingly, if this is the case, then Gylfi is actually doing what is asked which is to simply organise the team and not be defensive.

The problem is he has been terrible when he gets the ball so is a complete liability. I hope that if this has been Carlo‘s tactic that he re-thinks it based on Gylfi’s inability on the ball, not his defensive attitude which is where he is coming in for most of the criticism.

Anyway, I hate Gylfi, but thought it was an interesting comparison/insight into the bosses thinking.

Attachments

• DCDEAA4B-8D22-47E8-8FAC-3F6EF68DDB1C.jpeg
    DCDEAA4B-8D22-47E8-8FAC-3F6EF68DDB1C.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 52
Have been reading Carlo’s book (must read for all Blues, can’t believe he is our manager).

He talks about transitioning Pirlo from an AM to a DM/deep lying midfielder and it immediately sounded like a comparison to what he is *trying* to do with Gylfi.

No expectation to tackle or to press, just organise and pass etc... now obviously Gylfi couldn’t tie up Pirlo’s boots, but I think Carlo is trying to do something similar.

In saying all of that, and worryingly, if this is the case, then Gylfi is actually doing what is asked which is to simply organise the team and not be defensive.

The problem is he has been terrible when he gets the ball so is a complete liability. I hope that if this has been Carlo‘s tactic that he re-thinks it based on Gylfi’s inability on the ball, not his defensive attitude which is where he is coming in for most of the criticism.

Anyway, I hate Gylfi, but thought it was an interesting comparison/insight into the bosses thinking.

The problem and key difference is, Pirlo actually occasionally got on the ball.

Saying his production this season is way over his skill to consistently provide this level of production season in season out is far from wrong. DCL will prove me right next season when he slips behind Kean in the pecking order
And then presumably you win because Everton don’t actually have a good striker?

What a weird attitude to have.

Then Gylfi is just doing what being told. Don't blame him anymore. I personally think he plays like Jorginho .

Status
Not open for further replies.