2019/20 Gylfi Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.
What the holy hell has happened to him? I don’t remember him being this badly off form in his first two seasons, he’s properly fallen off a cliff
Well I know for sure him and Digne got married / had kids in the last year, and both have been appalling the entire season. Maybe they've decided to bin off making any effort for us and just do the bare minimum and get home to their model wives?

He’s always been this rubbish but because he was given a complete free role to just get on the end of tap ins or hit the odd worldie some people lapped it up. Now that Carlo’s given him accountability and responsibility to play in a certain position he’s being shown up as the fraud he actually is.

What the holy hell has happened to him? I don’t remember him being this badly off form in his first two seasons, he’s properly fallen off a cliff
He was. He's ALWAYS been the guy who "covers the most ground" because he wasn't quick enough to catch up to the ball carrier. If I had to say definitively he's had about 10 matches in his entire Everton career where it was good or better. EVERY stat was about his dead ball acumen which lasted all of one season until Digne came in. His goals last year made a whole host of people not actually see his performances were, most often, crap.

The two biggest things I see different this year is that he now has no goals or assists to hide behind and he's somehow gotten even slower. This is who he is, who he has been but a lot here were too blinded by..whatever to see it previously.

He’s always been this rubbish but because he was given a complete free role to just get on the end of tap ins or hit the odd worldie some people lapped it up. Now that Carlo’s given him accountability and responsibility to play in a certain position he’s being shown up as the fraud he actually is.

I’ve got a degree of sympathy for Siggy, even if he has been well below par.

Carlo’s system does not favour a 10. It never has and he’s always been open about that. The only 10 he’s ever really accomodated is Zidane, which Siggy is not.

He’s having a lot more responsibility than he’s ever had before. He’s being asked to do a job he wasn’t signed to do.

The likes of Ozil, Eriksen, De Bruyne, Coutinho, Isco and Alli have all experienced dips in form when asked to play deeper, Siggy is no different, and he’s not got the same quality as those players.

I’ve got a degree of sympathy for Siggy, even if he has been well below par.

Carlo’s system does not favour a 10. It never has and he’s always been open about that. The only 10 he’s ever really accomodated is Zidane, which Siggy is not.

He’s having a lot more responsibility than he’s ever had before. He’s being asked to do a job he wasn’t signed to do.

The likes of Ozil, Eriksen, De Bruyne, Coutinho, Isco and Alli have all experienced dips in form when asked to play deeper, Siggy is no different, and he’s not got the same quality as those players.

Coutinho only suffered a dip in form when he stopped topping up on your boys’ juice.

He was a luxury player who didnt dictate play but did score regularly.

Now hes a luxury player who doesn't involve himself in the play or create chances or score goals.

The game has moved on from players like him.

If you can't run in midfield you're done. Farting around and hiding from the ball at the other end of the field is also done.

For all the naysayers around Barkley, he had more pace and strength than our entire midfield. Add any bit of talent to it, you've got a player better than Siggurdson.

The feller is done.

There was a moment in the second half where he ran to close someone down, stopped dead about 6 foot from the Chelsea player and planted his feet, similarly to what Ronaldo does when he scores. The Chelsea player just curled it round him and they were off down the wing.
There is no place for him in a 442 side, and im not sure what the point is in trying to shoehorn him in.

Status
Not open for further replies.