2019/20 Gylfi Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.
I reckon my 6 year old niece could’ve identified this “golden square” which helps teams score more goals. It’s directly in front of the opposing goal.

These sports scientists are stealing a bigger living than niasse. Probably the same ones who have ‘discovered’ that I’m overweight because I eat too much and like a beer.

I reckon my 6 year old niece could’ve identified this “golden square” which helps teams score more goals. It’s directly in front of the opposing goal.

These sports scientists are stealing a bigger living than niasse. Probably the same ones who have ‘discovered’ that I’m overweight because I eat too much and like a beer.
Uh, that's actually wrong.

Zone 14 is a made up weird thing that Americans always do for some strange reason. I have no idea why America has to change everything and make it worse. I remember the ice hockey style penalty shoot outs you guys thought was a good idea.
Wow. You are seriously giving credit to Americans for breaking down the field into 18 zones. That's awesome. I wish Americans created that concept. You'd see a lot more of them coaching at higher levels.

I love it when people do a coaching badge and then start bringing Zones into things like everyone is going to appreciate it.

I went on a Project Manager’s course once so I think I’ll start a thread on BCWP as you’ll all know what that is.
If this was a forum about Project Management, would people make fun of you for bringing it up? Would they mock you if you had your PMP?

Of course not. It's just part of the vernacular.

So bringing up some soccer - yes, that's what I call it, thanks to the English - terminology isn't a CRAZY idea on a soccer forum. The idea of the pitch broken down into zones isn't some super technical concept.

If this was a forum about Project Management, would people make fun of you for bringing it up? Would they mock you if you had your PMP?

Of course not. It's just part of the vernacular.

So bringing up some soccer - yes, that's what I call it, thanks to the English - terminology isn't a CRAZY idea on a soccer forum. The idea of the pitch broken down into zones isn't some super technical concept.

I wouldn’t assume someone on a PM forum would know BCWP any more than you should assume everyone here knows the different zones of a pitch.

There is real clarity in why the world makes fun of American people & sports.

I wouldn’t assume someone on a PM forum would know BCWP any more than you should assume everyone here knows the different zones of a pitch.

There is real clarity in why the world makes fun of American people & sports.
Sports in general or just soccer?

Because if I think about the most popular sports in America - American Football, Basketball, Baseball, and hockey...well, not sure what anyone would say.

Sports in general or just soccer?

Because if I think about the most popular sports in America - American Football, Basketball, Baseball, and hockey...well, not sure what anyone would say.

Tbf mate whenever anyone says the word soccer you can generally tune out and disregard anything they are saying. Just a general rule of thumb

Tbf mate whenever anyone says the word soccer you can generally tune out and disregard anything they are saying. Just a general rule of thumb
Yeah, ironic isn't it? Americans actually adopt something English and get ridiculed for it.

You know you can look up posts here, right? You don't have to make stuff up.

Much like you can google zone 14 and actually learn something about this sport.

Controversial probably to you I know, but I've been watching Everton for an awfully long time now, very rarely miss MoTD but admittedly skip most of the dross they chat rubbish about!. Watch every Everton game either live at GP or on Sky, and have never in all my life watching any type have football heard any of the so called experts or pundits mention zone/area/sector/level 14!

Not sure if you are being entirely serious in telling @MarcelsGoat to go and google it and "learn something about this sport"?

Bring back half backs
Football is a simple game
Too much focus on keeping the ball
I watched a game last weekend live and both teams were more intent on keeping the ball. The goalie touched the ballmore than any other player. There were hardly any chances and littel excitement. The only suprise was there was actually a goal.
So boring

A couple of googles tell me that the original idea literally came from Liverpool John Moores University researchers but yeah those darn Americans and their silly zones.

I don't think the Telegraph is banned but if it is I apologize.

I always thought the Golden Square was in Warrington ?

That would explain a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.