2019/20 Gylfi Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.
I honestly have on idea what on earth you all are trying to say.

Did they show Pep's training ground? Pep's attack is very different at Man City that it was with Barca and his whole zone 14 obsession. With Man City it's all about the half spaces. His training and passing sequences are pretty oriented around those spaces.
I'm just asking a question mate? Please could you answer it?

I'm just asking a question mate? Please could you answer it?
The entire premise of your question doesn't make any sense.

I only watched a couple episodes of the documentary. It's the story of Man City, it's not a tactical examination of the team. I never once saw film from a training session with his marked up field or anything. They were doing interviews with players, drama due to injuries, all sorts of stuff.

And AGAIN, Pep isn't as interested in the golden square, zone 14, etc. with this team, he's interested in the half spaces, which he DOES talk about in other interviews that are more tactically based.

Are you claiming Pep didn't actually divide up his pitch into 20 zones? That he doesn't set up passing sequences and stuff on that pitch? Are you suggesting that doesn't happen?

What is happening in here? Seeing conversation around Americans (thanks for that), project management, and zones. How bout Gylf eh? Big fan but he needs to up his game a bit. Reckon having Kean making some decent runs would help.

I’m staying out of this Gylfi abuse fest. The mind boggles how he has become the whipping boy in spite of being the Top goal scorer, assist merchant, motm awards etc etc etc. I can imagine it’s the same fans that wanted us to bin Lukaku.

I’m staying out of this Gylfi abuse fest. The mind boggles how he has become the whipping boy in spite of being the Top goal scorer, assist merchant, motm awards etc etc etc. I can imagine it’s the same fans that wanted us to bin Lukaku.
It’s because we spent big money on him and had a bad season immediately after. Never mind the managers we had or the loads of garbage players around him that season. People needed someone to blame and chose Gylf for whatever reason.

probably better to stay out the thread tbh, full of the same old complaints from the same people who did it last season
unless he scores or assists he'll have had a bad game to them

It’s because we spent big money on him and had a bad season immediately after. Never mind the managers we had or the loads of garbage players around him that season. People needed someone to blame and chose Gylf for whatever reason.
Finally, a yank with something sensible to say (I'm making assumptions based on your username).

probably better to stay out the thread tbh, full of the same old complaints from the same people who did it last season
unless he scores or assists he'll have had a bad game to them

I was defending him all off season ... eventually you just realise people have their favourites and Sig for some reason doesn’t appear to have mass appeal in spite of his professionalism and work ethic.

Also works the other way, because he cost big money he can do no wrong in some people's eyes and is completely immune to criticism

Finally, a yank with something sensible to say (I'm making assumptions based on your username).
Accurate assumption and appreciate the comment. By in large it does bother me when people question the legitimacy of comments because of where someone is from though. We’re all entitled to our own perspective and bucketing people is lazy in my opinion. Not directing this towards you btw. Just the forum in general is fixated on Yanks for no reason. Discuss the content, not the origin.

Accurate assumption and appreciate the comment. By in large it does bother me when people question the legitimacy of comments because of where someone is from though. We’re all entitled to our own perspective and bucketing people is lazy in my opinion. Not directing this towards you btw. Just the forum in general is fixated on Yanks for no reason. Discuss the content, not the origin.
I agree, mate. The forum is also currently loaded with some pretty dubious statistical analyses and related gobbledygook and I think, partly because of the MNF-style analysis culture in North American sports coverage, that a good slice of that comes from our trans-atlantic brethren. I don't really care either way, it just makes me laugh how seriously some folks take it!

The entire premise of your question doesn't make any sense.

I only watched a couple episodes of the documentary. It's the story of Man City, it's not a tactical examination of the team. I never once saw film from a training session with his marked up field or anything. They were doing interviews with players, drama due to injuries, all sorts of stuff.

And AGAIN, Pep isn't as interested in the golden square, zone 14, etc. with this team, he's interested in the half spaces, which he DOES talk about in other interviews that are more tactically based.

Are you claiming Pep didn't actually divide up his pitch into 20 zones? That he doesn't set up passing sequences and stuff on that pitch? Are you suggesting that doesn't happen?
The premise of my question? I simply asked whether you think Pep considered the documentary's "target audience" when he was being filmed. Because that's what you are seemingly insinuating, aren't you?
I watched the City doc, Pep never once mentioned sector/zone 14.
That's because you were the target audience.

You've still not answered and instead keep deflecting.

I've always found you quirky but quite balanced in here. But you've absolutely lost the plot on this.

In relation to Pep, I'd recommend reading (as I've done) the series of books by Martí Perarna which go into series detail on how Pep sets his teams up, drills and set ups. It will certainly give you more insight than a "couple of episodes" of a documentary and some speculation on what buzz words he uses.

Instead, it might give some actual substance to this weird rhetoric you're pushing on us all.

Status
Not open for further replies.