2018/19 Gylfi Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he didn’t play for us, he’d pick the ball up in positions all across our back four and score with real ease and we’d say that’s the type of player we wish played for us. Whether you rate him or not, the bloke is a quality footballer, you don’t score the number of goals he has at the top level if you are a passenger in the side. I get it, he’s quiet on and off the pitch, doesn’t do funny dances and dabbing with teammates eight years his junior, or play Fortnite and FIFA online....he just gets on with it. I agree he may not influence games as much as his ability suggests he should, or that his ability to hit a free kick (or penalty) into the St End isn’t happening as often as we thought it would, but he’s an important player in this side and shown enough flashes of brilliance (Anfield Fa Cup, Leicester away, Fulham home) to say he’s a player who can change games in our favour....we need more of them.

If he didn’t play for us, he’d pick the ball up in positions all across our back four and score with real ease and we’d say that’s the type of player we wish played for us. Whether you rate him or not, the bloke is a quality footballer, you don’t score the number of goals he has at the top level if you are a passenger in the side. I get it, he’s quiet on and off the pitch, doesn’t do funny dances and dabbing with teammates eight years his junior, or play Fortnite and FIFA online....he just gets on with it. I agree he may not influence games as much as his ability suggests he should, or that his ability to hit a free kick (or penalty) into the St End isn’t happening as often as we thought it would, but he’s an important player in this side and shown enough flashes of brilliance (Anfield Fa Cup, Leicester away, Fulham home) to say he’s a player who can change games in our favour....we need more of them.

That’s the problem right there. He has more quality in his right peg than most, but you don’t need flashes of brilliance you need consistency.

Our best-attacking midfielder of the last decade? An Aussie.

And he was still playing for aus at the age of 38, seeing as he was finished at us at 30-31 that tells you all you need to know about the standard of the other Aussie footballers . Mooy is their best player by far and is badly gash . Siggy would tear up the Scottish league at the age of 34 mate

I called him a coward during our run of seriously bad form just after Christmas. He wasn't getting on the ball enough for me, or showing for the ball from the 2 sitting midfielders, and I wondered if he was scared of making mistakes.

That's completely changed since the 17 day break we had. He's now showing as a genuine option in these areas and as such his quality on the ball has shone through a little more.

I was wrong. I think now that he was just knackered at the time, which makes sense given his enormous defensive work rate. I'm a big fan of him right now, but he needs competition so that he can rest occasionally.

Also, please take him of penalties and direct free kicks. Please.

Actually he's absolutely brilliant at hitting them into the street end, he wants to start aiming for the net.

If ever there was a thread that summed up Everton, this is it.

Still the most technically gifted and hard working player we have in the squad, heading towards a 15 goal season in what’s been a generally uninspiring period and yet he still gets pelters.
Have you forgotten it’s not that long ago that we had the likes of Anichibie, Straquilirsi and Jo playing for us, or the mastery in midfield of McGeady and Osman?
We really don’t deserve good players.
I suggest we sell him ASAP and buy some foreign mercenary from Huddersfield or Brighton.

Status
Not open for further replies.