2018/19 Gylfi Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.
I honestly dont get it. If he had an English passport he would have been hailed as our best player, and claimed world class every time he scored for England. Its a weird, and borderline not okey at all. This hounding of our best players is bad for everyone involved. It started with Gylfi, now people are going after Richy, for a while the tide almost turned on Bernard, and now some are claiming we should send Gomes back to Spain. When Digne had a bad couple of games, ending in a red card, he was suddenly horrid too.
No wonder our players struggle to get any sort of confidence. Unless youre british with ‘potential’, there is always a genuin chance your own clubs fans will come after you. Must feel like walking through a giant mine field.

Ha no. No to all that.

My logic is there is more to being a good attacking midfielder than just goal scoring. An attacking midfielder who is good at moving the ball forward and creating chances can contribute to lots of goals even if they don't score them.

In a nutshell my logic is Kevin De Bruyne is better than Gylfi Sigurdsson.
Two very different players, but I get your drift. Not so sure KdB would be able to play how he’s playing for City in our team tho, you need other players enabeling you to do so with movement and skills. City play like a team, we play like a bunch of individuals.

Two very different players, but I get your drift. Not so sure KdB would be able to play how he’s playing for City in our team tho, you need other players enabeling you to do so with movement and skills. City play like a team, we play like a bunch of individuals.
I can guarantee a fully fit De Bruyne would be very good in any Premier League side.

I'm not trying to bash Gylfi here. What I'm trying to point out is that if we are going to persist with a midfielder who isn't giving us anything but some link up play around the box and goals we need to make up for it somewhere. Currently are abominations on the wings and lackluster deep midfielders aren't doing that. And so we have a team that creates very little and struggles to consistently move the ball from back to front without hitting at a CF's head or chest.

These problems exist in part because Gylfi is playing a position that should help with them and he doesn't do so. To me we need to both try to improve the players around him and see if that will work but also think about maybe finding someone who does what De Bruyne does as an alternative. Not that we can sign someone that level of course but that style of player.

imagine if gylfi actually had a real striker with real movement ahead of him..

15 league goals in the PL would be a fantastic feat.

Struggle to understand views to the alternative. Bernard for example, who I also really rate, is to some our best '10' yet he sits nicely on zero goals for the season in the league. And before the argument arises that Siggy is playing centrally so is more involved in chances, remember the chances Bernard has missed this season.

Imagine having Sig' contributing 10-15 goals a season along with a quality midfield and an actual striker ahead of him.

We'd be laughing.

15 league goals in the PL would be a fantastic feat.

Struggle to understand views to the alternative. Bernard for example, who I also really rate, is to some our best '10' yet he sits nicely on zero goals for the season in the league. And before the argument arises that Siggy is playing centrally so is more involved in chances, remember the chances Bernard has missed this season.

Imagine having Sig' contributing 10-15 goals a season along with a quality midfield and an actual striker ahead of him.

We'd be laughing.

yeah im afraid this season has me ruing the chances missed by Bernard rather than ones hes made or taken.

what was the real horror show miss, was it against united ??

Status
Not open for further replies.