2018/19 Gylfi Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.

If he gets 15 goals this season will the haters repent?
Gylfi is what he is. If we are going to have him as this goal scoring midfielder who offers little else that is fine so long as we get ample chance creation from our wingers. But we aren't getting that so the flaws in Gylfi are magnified. We can fix it by getting a more complete attacking midfielder or by getting better wingers but something has to be done either way. It doesn't matter how many he ends up with.

Gylfi is what he is. If we are going to have him as this goal scoring midfielder who offers little else that is fine so long as we get ample chance creation from our wingers. But we aren't getting that so the flaws in Gylfi are magnified. We can fix it by getting a more complete attacking midfielder or by getting better wingers but something has to be done either way. It doesn't matter how many he ends up with.
As goals win points, I struggle to understand your logic.

I would not be surprised if he gets 15+ goals for us.

If we had other players who could actually pass a football then he'd get even more goals than he already has. Been brilliant this season. The amount of wasted crosses when he's darting into the area is scandolous.

he defo will get 15 or more ..

and people want us to get rid, and say as he is 29 hes only worth half what we paid...

he is a modern day footballer, not like alan cork...

he will be performing till hes 32/33 .. so 4 good years yet

I honestly dont get it. If he had an English passport he would have been hailed as our best player, and claimed world class every time he scored for England. Its a weird, and borderline not okey at all. This hounding of our best players is bad for everyone involved. It started with Gylfi, now people are going after Richy, for a while the tide almost turned on Bernard, and now some are claiming we should send Gomes back to Spain. When Digne had a bad couple of games, ending in a red card, he was suddenly horrid too.
No wonder our players struggle to get any sort of confidence. Unless youre british with ‘potential’, there is always a genuin chance your own clubs fans will come after you. Must feel like walking through a giant mine field.

I honestly dont get it. If he had an English passport he would have been hailed as our best player, and claimed world class every time he scored for England. Its a weird, and borderline not okey at all. This hounding of our best players is bad for everyone involved. It started with Gylfi, now people are going after Richy, for a while the tide almost turned on Bernard, and now some are claiming we should send Gomes back to Spain. When Digne had a bad couple of games, ending in a red card, he was suddenly horrid too.
No wonder our players struggle to get any sort of confidence. Unless youre british with ‘potential’, there is always a genuin chance your own clubs fans will come after you. Must feel like walking through a giant mine field.

lol what? Who has ever got the benefit of the doubt for being English?

My logic is there is more to being a good attacking midfielder than just goal scoring. An attacking midfielder who is good at moving the ball forward and creating chances can contribute to lots of goals even if they don't score them.

In a nutshell my logic is Kevin De Bruyne is better than Gylfi Sigurdsson.

My logic is there is more to being a good attacking midfielder than just goal scoring. An attacking midfielder who is good at moving the ball forward and creating chances can contribute to lots of goals even if they don't score them.

In a nutshell my logic is Kevin De Bruyne is better than Gylfi Sigurdsson.

oh

my

gawwwd

Status
Not open for further replies.