2018/19 Gylfi Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.

How many assists should he have?

One of the best posts for a player thread I've ever seen. His team mates have been costing him assists all season (especially Walcott) and this could be ignored by those who want to ignore it until now.

Some of his play in those clips is sensational. No one in our team can do it either. The fact he can produce this level of quality in his final ball and then score pretty much every type of goal on top of it is exceptional. He's not going to be the popular choice for player of the year but I think he's a good shout.

You wonder what he/we could have achieved with a proper centre forward ahead of him.

How many assists should he have?

Thanks for posting some of these. I always think of those final and through balls when people are on his back all the time. He creates so many goal scoring opportunities. It was Walcott at the end of a lot of those chances - interesting that it was similarly Sigurdsson with the final ball to Walcott on Sunday vs Utd - if only Walcott was not so wasteful.

He has lurched from great player to totally overpriced more than any player that I can remember. It probably is because he was our record signing.

He is a player that we could easily get bids for this summer … I have no idea if the manager would have any interest in selling if we do.

Status
Not open for further replies.