2018/19 Gylfi Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Him and Gomes seem to compliment each other well. And both are big lads, well balanced, strong in possession. Funny to see Matic made to look bang average today, especially trying to wrestle Siggy to the ground and ending up there himself.

He's been fantastic this season. Every bit the level of players like Eriksen, Ozil and Silva the last few weeks. If he can keep it up all year he will have done something seriously special. Shame he's getting on in years a bit because if he was 25 we'd be losing our minds over him.

I think he will be fine for another 5-6 years. His game isn't based on pace, its speed of thought and proper ability.

I am confused ... I thought he was our biggest waste of money ..ever.

Weirdly , the transfer activity of Koeman/Walsh is looking more respectable under Silva . Signings like Pickford, Sigurdsson, Gueye and Lookman look decent, possibly Vlasic as well.

Throw in Keane as well tbh. The biggest problem for us last season was the amount of players we had signed. It´s so rare for any side to transform their playing squad and hit the ground running.

I am confused ... I thought he was our biggest waste of money ..ever.

Weirdly , the transfer activity of Koeman/Walsh is looking more respectable under Silva . Signings like Pickford, Sigurdsson, Gueye and Lookman look decent, possibly Vlasic as well.

to be fair signings like pickford/keane/siggy everyone who watched football could see they were good players so it's not like they unearthed gems

Lookman and onyreku look to be very good signings like that ( not for what they have done for everton but for possibly how much they are worth in todays market ) same could be said for vlasic if he continues to do well on loan

gueye was the real bargain @ 7 mill though, honestly didn't even notice him when he was at villa

Status
Not open for further replies.