2018/19 Gylfi Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quality at times yesterday, which you come to expect anyway. Concerning though that no one at the club can seem to take a decent corner consistently though..

Time to be dropped back into central midfield with Gueye despite Davies playing his best game or rested for Bernard.

He was good first half but he had a injury before the World Cup, rushed back to play in the World Cup, a few weeks off then had pre-season.

He is clearly tired so use Bernard or Lookman in order to get them some match fitness.

Regarding set-pieces, I thought everyone yesterday was woeful and just aimed for an area rather finding a man. It was a horrible

Can't agree with that mate. That is the best our midfield have looked all season, therefore that midfield of Gana, Davies and Sigurdsson need to start every game unless someones form severely dips or Gomes can stake a claim. I don't know where you are getting this tired thing from either. Without looking at the stats I bet he covered more ground than most other players on the pitch and showed a few quality touches, especially that Walcott chance.

Can't agree with that mate. That is the best our midfield have looked all season, therefore that midfield of Gana, Davies and Sigurdsson need to start every game unless someones form severely dips or Gomes can stake a claim. I don't know where you are getting this tired thing from either. Without looking at the stats I bet he covered more ground than most other players on the pitch and showed a few quality touches, especially that Walcott chance.
Replace Davies with a fit Gomes there and we could be in business. Same with Mina at the back.

For me, the success or failure of this season now hinges on how well those two integrate into the team:

Pickford

Coleman - Keane/Zouma - Mina - Digne

Gana --- Gomes

Sigurdsson
Walcott
-------------------- Bernard
Richarlison

For me this needs to be given a proper go if possible. It's about as close as a Silva-esque team we could field given the personnel.

Also, just as a bit of a random side note here, we really should've gone gung-ho for NZonzi imo.

Last edited:
Replace Davies with a fit Gomes there and we could be in business. Same with Mina at the back.

For me, the success or failure of this season now hinges on how well those two integrate into the team:

Pickford

Coleman - Keane/Zouma - Mina - Digne

Gana --- Gomes

Sigurdsson
Walcott
-------------------- Bernard
Richarlison

For me this needs to be given a proper go if possible. It's about as close as a Silva-esque team we could field given the personnel.

Also, just as a bit of a random side note here, we really should've gone gung-ho for NZonzi imo.
That is a awesome lineup. When can we see it? 3 crocked and no timetable given. Licking my chops to see that team trotted out.

I was highly critical of the purchase and found it to be a monumental waste of money. However, I was willing to back him in and really add value to the team and was more than willing to criticise the great mistake not signing a centre half and striker to complement his set pieces at the beginning of last year. But, I really am unsure what value he does add, even his set pieces are often poor. Has even scored from a free kick yet?

As a squad player, he would be fantastic but if we're to progress he can't be starting. Would have liked to see us try and lure Maddison in the offseason.

I was highly critical of the purchase and found it to be a monumental waste of money. However, I was willing to back him in and really add value to the team and was more than willing to criticise the great mistake not signing a centre half and striker to complement his set pieces at the beginning of last year. But, I really am unsure what value he does add, even his set pieces are often poor. Has even scored from a free kick yet?

As a squad player, he would be fantastic but if we're to progress he can't be starting. Would have liked to see us try and lure Maddison in the offseason.

He`s very fortunate to still be part of the first eleven imo.

If we had anyone else who could play as the number 10, I`m sure he`d have been benched by now, maybe he will be, if Bernard can play there.

One things for sure, we need to upgrade by next Summer at the latest, whilst we can still get something for him.

He`s very fortunate to still be part of the first eleven imo.

If we had anyone else who could play as the number 10, I`m sure he`d have been benched by now, maybe he will be, if Bernard can play there.

One things for sure, we need to upgrade by next Summer at the latest, whilst we can still get something for him.

Correct me if I am wrong, but despite Marco Silva's comments regarding why Bernard was brought to the club - hasn't Bernard rarely ever played in in central midfield? Don't get me wrong Bernard looks like he is technically competent but its a lot easier to play his style from wider positions than it is centrally, particularly in such a physical league. For all of Sigurdsson's faults, physically he is competent.

I don't even mind if we just bypass the presumed need for a number 10 all together. Just a CM that gets forward in the Aaron Ramsey mould, would make sleeping at night easier.

Its the age that does it

siggurdson and bolasie are 30 next year, they cost a combined 70m.

Status
Not open for further replies.