Guardian examination of club finances

Status
Not open for further replies.
For finishing 5th in the PL this year we are getting a mind blowing 89 million - to put that into context that blows away our record for total entire club income in any season. Incidently with FFP rules that cant be used to increase wages.

Really are extrodinary figures a 30 mill jump in organinc income.

Last edited:
Selling the dream to potential backers!!!

He is obviously useless at that too.

Please read again, slowly. As I have said many times, Bills problem is that he sells the 'Everton Dream' to the same people who buy into his usually successful theatrical dreams. I would have thought the a man of your vast knowledge and experience of life would have got that.

Re-read it and very clearly you stated it and very clearly as with most things he does selling the club he has very obviously failed as he hasnt sold the dream now for 15 years.

Re-read it and very clearly you stated it and very clearly as with most things he does selling the club he has very obviously failed as he hasnt sold the dream now for 15 years.

Oh dear! Sometimes I forget I'm a lot older than you. He sold a dream to Gregg, and to Earl, and possibly to Moyes, and Martinez. I did say that it was arguably not the best way to deal with the business of football(and you've read that many times from me before, here and on Kipper). Its a reasoned indictement of the way Bill has run the club, not pro or anti Bill, just a reading of the situation, but you continually, desperately, try to score points, like others of the usual suspects. If you have a solution to the problem of competing financially with the mega rich, why not state your solution here and now in detail, as a place for us all to start? I know you have the words to do this, and will not attempt an Elephantine style of deflective meaningless nonsense, will you?

Last edited:
As @Neiler said above, the money flowing in is extraordinary. It's obvious to me that Bill doesn't feel pressured to 'sell the dream' anymore and who can blame him, it could be worth double in a few years. It's going to take someone close to Abramovic levels of filthy cash. Someone who wants a proper premier league club more than they want £500m in the bank, if we're going to have a complete change at board level.

How is our gate receipts so low, £17m for a 40,000 stadium.

Yet Spurs who have a 35000 stadium is nearly double @ £33m

Bill is back pocketing this me tinks

As @Neiler said above, the money flowing in is extraordinary. It's obvious to me that Bill doesn't feel pressured to 'sell the dream' anymore and who can blame him, it could be worth double in a few years. It's going to take someone close to Abramovic levels of filthy cash. Someone who wants a proper premier league club more than they want £500m in the bank, if we're going to have a complete change at board level.

I think we're at an interesting crossroads mate, when i think of the pages written on the clubs debt over the years, in one fell swoop we have the capacity to really destroy the debt bar the seculisation deal. In essential purposes inflation in income has almost made our debt irrelevent. This has the knock on effect of making us more attractive, if the stadium issuse is tackled successfully we are a really attractive package for someone to come in and have a go. Again assuming this is something the board wants and the projected accounts at the shareholders meeting come to pass and the entire payable debt is payed down.

I do think we're in an important time of decision making, if we invest in destroying the debt and have a new ground - we are investing in the future and infrastructure on so many different levels - they are huge future altering decisions the board need to make in the next few months.

The PL is a cash cow, but economic history tells us the market will level of or bottom out at a point. Relying on inflation in TV income into the long terms is a fools game. Especially while carrying debt and an inability to grow commercial income. Thats why bringing the debt down and a new stadium are critical - if achieved i think we will get to the mecca of the investment we all crave. It certainly removes what we all know are obstacles to investment: debt, new stadium, ability to generate revenue without liability.

We potentially could be in our best position in terms of attracting investment in decades and the debate should be less about whether or not they want to sell, but creating the environment to make us attractive to sell. The next 12 months and decisions in that time are critical and should be where our focus and energy as fans should be.

I would also like to make point that its interesting to apply the impact of financial fair play on what looks like a renewed energy to bring down debt and build a ground - looks very positive and we seem to be doing this with those regulations in mind toward the long term. If it all comes to pass i think the board deserve praise in terms of decision making - but i may be hugely buoyed by the fact that we may be relatively debt free in a few months for the first time in over 25 years, its been a slog, concern and millstone around our neck all that time.

Last edited:
How is our gate receipts so low, £17m for a 40,000 stadium.

Yet Spurs who have a 35000 stadium is nearly double @ £33m

Bill is back pocketing this me tinks

:D Just check the seat prices at Spurs, buddy. And the cost of a pie !! But you're quite right of course, Bill is skimming 50% off every ticket sold at GP, and every season ticket as well, and sneaking it out of GP in the boot of his motor. I think you should definitely go to the police immediately........................

I would also like the point that its interesting to apply the impact of financial fair play on what looks like a renewed energy to bring down debt and build a ground - looks very positive and we seem to be doing this with those regulations in mind toward the long term. If it all comes to past i think the board deserve praise in terms of decison making - but i hugely buoyed by the fact that we may be relatively debt free in a few months for the first time in over 25 years, its been a slog, concern and millstone around our neck all that time.

The board has invested nil into the business, and has taken no steps to grow the business financially other than reliance upon exponential increases in TV income over which they have had no influence.

Historically, if they'd sealed the NTL deal like other clubs were able to do there'd be no Bear Stearns/Prudential mortgage hanging around our necks. If they'd sealed the Kings Dock deal, we'd have much better income generating facilities from which to meet the FFP regulations. If they'd done both, Kenwright could well have already departed for retirement in the Bahamas with the large pay off from the sale of shares he's been looking for, but in this instance he'd have deserved it.

Not reading the whole lot but one can only hope that any new stadium if or when we get one has the ability to generate more income from the commercial side of things with bars and food outlets close by or even in the ground owned by the club so that by buying their products we are in turn putting money into the club to fund the development of the Everton team the best we can.
SURLY THIS IS NOT TO MUCH TO ASK?:cheers:

Oh dear! Sometimes I forget I'm a lot older than you. He sold a dream to Gregg, and to Earl, and possibly to Moyes, and Martinez. I did say that it was arguably not the best way to deal with the business of football(and you've read that many times from me before, here and on Kipper). Its a reasoned indictement of the way Bill has run the club, not pro or anti Bill, just a reading of the situation, but you continually, desperately, try to score points, like others of the usual suspects. If you have a solution to the problem of competing financially with the mega rich, why not state your solution here and now in detail, as a place for us all to start? I know you have the words to do this, and will not attempt an Elephantine style of deflective meaningless nonsense, will you?

Not trying to score points at all as its very obvious but the likes of you cannot see that he has failed for 15 years to sell the dream and to allow the football club to grow. You always try to deflect and to show how 'Bill' is successful in theatre,which is next to useless in football.

The solution as stated by The Blue Union is to get people who know the football industry, independent from the club, in and get them to sell the club as very patently 'Bill' and his cronies cant.

If this is left to drift up to the point of 'Bill' going to the Palladium in the sky then God only knows what then happens.

You know I have said all this before and I expect you to still to ignore and deflect.

Something has to happen as all the board are knocking on the doors of the crem.

Status
Not open for further replies.