Goodison Facelift

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think a "looters will be shot" sign would work well at Goodison. Perhaps Jose would finally get the message.

Seriously though, anyone got a picture of the old brick facade?
I've seen old black and white ones and it looked boss.

As did the old marble surround entrance.

Putting up jarg cladding rather than re-pointing the brickwork was a horrible decision in hindsight and all to just save a few pounds.

In the, probably forlorn hope, that folk will stick to ijjy's topic, you've been thread banned.

Thanks Woolster.

For those who can't read properly, this is obviously not an alternative to a new ground. But if you think that's actually happening anytime soon then you're a better man than I (probably are for other reasons too!).

It's purely cosmetic. And as mentioned a mere plaster over the bullet wound that is our ground situation.

As for the cost, not a bloody clue. But I take @MoutsGoat point that it's unlikely our money boys (LOL) would spend on something that isn't crucial to bringing in full houses each week.

Ah well. Just an idea.

Classic not dated.

For stadium exteriors seem to be in two categories the spaceship look or the traditional look. There's no right or wrong, just personal preference.

Yeah definitely there's no right or wrong.

For me it's just the image thing. They grey just looks faded and needs brightening up. Whether with this pattern or not.

It won't happen anyway so this whole thread is a bit pointless!

From when I was a nipper the first home game was always enhanced by the old girl having been spruced up during the close season. I remember a couple of seasons ago v Arsenal that old torn posters and general cr@p had been left lying around, no paint, no maintenance work at all was obvious. It really stood out as a mess. Unloved, uncared for. A real dereliction of duty by the club.

Even by customer service approach it is atrocious the way the place of business is allowed to be, let alone the place we genuinely feel at home.

It's heartbreaking that a place of so many memories and avhievements is allowed to sink year on year, and, on the face of the levels of income and the abject failure of the board to address the issue, why it can't be treated with the respect it merits.

It will be the monument to Kenwright and the board's attitude during their tenure.

It is a wonderful place, recognised not only by us but by other proper football supporters, journalists and players. We do oyr bit by being there and giving it the atmosphere, sometimes, but if it falls much further it will be past the point of fixing. Perhaps that's what the board want?

Status
Not open for further replies.