Goodison Facelift

Status
Not open for further replies.
Toffee tv were bang on about it, we should do it for sure.

How they said as well, just put that pattern around the stadium.

and where exactly are we getting this money to fund the paint?

kenwright_av512.jpg

Assuming the club stays at Goodison Park, How many years will it be before there has to be serious amount of investment to renovate and update the ground.

The longer we go without a new stadium then the existing stadium will naturally suffer from wear and tear and weather conditions etc. At some point there will be work needing doing, so how long can the club allow this to continue before there has to be some money spend on Goodison Park.

It's grotty, but I love it, a bit like @MoutsGoat mar.

Anyway, that's the emotional response.

The business response is down to what, I think, @the esk said a while ago, about Kenwright sweating his assets, so he doesn't spend money unless there's an obvious return.

If the stadium is, more or less, getting filled on matchdays then tarting the place up isn't going to have much effect on income so, in the cold light of day, we do the minimum necessary.

View attachment 12159

Ah, Goodison Park. The best stadium in the Premier League. But maybe, just maybe, one of the worst.

We all know what Goodison under the lights, with something to play for, maybe a few dodgy referee decision gone against us, is like. Unbeatable. The whole place feels like it's going to crumble and it really is quite fantastic.

But in the cold light of day, say a Thursday morning, and it's raining, it doesn't look very good. It looks old, which it is. It looks dated, which it is. So why isn't something done to brighten up the place? And I don't mean a massive Martinez face on the side.

In an ideal world the new stadium would magically appear. But even the most optimistic blue would fear that's 10 years away at the very minimum. So we go with what we've got (I think we've heard that somewhere before).

Take the Main Stand and outside on Goodison Road. This is where the cameras always go.

View attachment 12160

It looks bad. Hardly intimidating for any opposition player arriving at the ground unless they're scared it might fall down on them. And imagine a player thinking of joining us seeing that. Obviously not the be all and end all but we should do everything to be attractive.

It's not all bad, the Park End looks pretty good. The wall with the names and the Dixie statue are quite good. And fitting of a top flight club.

View attachment 12161

So why not sort the rest out. A lick of paint here, a few bits there. Is it that hard? Or more important to us usually, that expensive?

This week I saw pictures of the Everton Free School. At first I thought they were of Goodison and I was impressed.

View attachment 12162
View attachment 12163

Looks pretty good to me. Why can't this colour scheme be painted onto the main stand? To bring it up to date a little. Even if it's just a bit around the big badge. Anything to hide the grey.

Not for one second will this improve the old dated inside of the ground. But maybe, just maybe it will help the image of the club from the outside.

It's a small thing that I watched a clip about this week and totally agreed with. It's a plaster over a bullet wound. But worth doing.

As I've said countless times.

Elstone should earn his £350k a year and get the stadium sorted.

Others have spades in the ground.

We need more than a face lift.

We need at least another 15,000 onto capacity to keep up with our rivals.

He should spend his time recapitalising the business so that extra seats means extra income not extra debt.

He should spend his time recapitalising the business so that extra seats means extra income not extra debt.

I doubt Mr Elstone would be able to figure out which end of a paint brush is which in order to get the current stadium facelifted.

Never mind adding 15,000 seats.

Like I said. I feel so sad @MoutsGoat

Ive said in the text it's a minor thing. But that's all this is about.

Status
Not open for further replies.