Gomes' partner vs Arsenal

Gomes' partner:

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’d stick with Schneiderlin at the moment. We’ve all, maybe rightly, grown to dislike him. Not because he’s not a good footballer, but because he hasn’t bothered to show how good he can be for far too long. If he was just a useless player, we’d not want to play him but we wouldn’t hate him for it.
What we hate is the lack of effort and heart.
But Ancelotti has a habit of turning good players into very good ones. How? Because people seem to want to play for him.
Maybe Schneiderlin just didn’t click with Koeman or Allardyce or Silva. But if Ancelotti can get a tune out of him and let us be reminded of the player he was at Southampton, then we will see the benefit.
I’d start Gomes and Schneiderlin and if Schneiderlin isn’t up for it then bring on Delph as a sub.

I’d stick with Schneiderlin at the moment. We’ve all, maybe rightly, grown to dislike him. Not because he’s not a good footballer, but because he hasn’t bothered to show how good he can be for far too long. If he was just a useless player, we’d not want to play him but we wouldn’t hate him for it.
What we hate is the lack of effort and heart.
But Ancelotti has a habit of turning good players into very good ones. How? Because people seem to want to play for him.
Maybe Schneiderlin just didn’t click with Koeman or Allardyce or Silva. But if Ancelotti can get a tune out of him and let us be reminded of the player he was at Southampton, then we will see the benefit.
I’d start Gomes and Schneiderlin and if Schneiderlin isn’t up for it then bring on Delph as a sub.
Agreed, hopefully Carlo can unlock the form that made Morgan look like a top class DM at Southampton. If that can happen, it would give us another strong base in the team to build on.

Reactions: Loz

This question shows what a poor season we've had when we have little idea of our starting midfield.

Assuming he's fit then I'd have Gomes with Sneids. I have previously been utterly frustrated by Sneids (all that dithering on the ball and back passes) however, he has improved in recent games and deserves to retain his place.

Once Gomes tires then I'd probably bring on Siggi as Delph's stupidity against Newcastle (giving away a free kick by lunging in on the touchline and again and getting himself sent off in his last game).

Never steered Hoddle wrong.

From most to least appropriate based on form and the fact it’s a tough away game - Schneiderlin, Delph, Davies, Sigurdsson.

I hate Schneiderlin too. Long-term I dont want any of them in the squad.

Status
Not open for further replies.