Gomes' partner vs Arsenal

Gomes' partner:

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Gomes in from the start with Schneiderlin alongside him. He may have not done himself any favours in the past, but now Morgan Schneiderlin appears to have pulled his socks up and is playing a lot better. That said, Fabian Delph was playing quite well in his last game, he just let himself down with that lack of professionalism that lead to his sending off; something you wouldn't expect from a player with his experience.

I went with Schniderlin
His performance against Chelsea under ferguson was top notch and he's done pretty well ever since.
Stick him in front of the back four and let Gomes do the attacking play (which is where Schnides messes up)
He could be one of those players who only performs well for certain managers.
Was Potch his boss at Southampton?
Kiss of death there...
Schneiderlin sent off in the 35th min!

Two of the biggest carthorses at the club, shouldn’t be playing again this season
Sigurdsson is capable of producing much more going forward than anyone with the possible exception of Gomes - who will not play the whole game. Putting Schneiderlin or Davies in with Gomes will mean that we won't be taking the game to Arsenal as much as we should.
Delph would certainly not be my choice to play - for me he is on a par with Schneiderlin. Neither are capable of playing consistently in a half-decent PL team.

Davies shouldn't even be mentioned. He's miles behind even Delph and Schneiderlin, while Sigurdsson offers more - amazingly - in that position. Also Gbamin is ahead of him when he's back. That puts Davies as 6th choice.

Davies is the one midfielder of the current group who looks good next to Gomes.

The others all look dreadful.

Without energy next to him Gomes does not look comfortable...

Status
Not open for further replies.