Goats squad analysis thread 2018/19

Status
Not open for further replies.
How many full internationals do we have at our club now? We let three go in Rooney, Klaassen and mori but I think we must have nearly 30?

Pickford
stek
Coleman
Martina
mina
Zouma
Jagielka
Keane
Williams
Digne
Baines
Robinson
Schneiderlin
Gueye
Gomes
Besic
Mccarthy
Sigurdsson
Bernard
Tarashaj
Walcott
Mirallas
Bolasie
Vlasic
Onyekuru
Lavery
Tosun
Niasse
It’s a long list, but I think only about 8 or 9 could be classed as current internationals

Digne, gomes, mina, zouma and Bernard were cast offs there clubs were trying to get rid of.

Richarlison was the only one we went after and got that there club wanted to keep.

That doesent mean there not good, but let's wait and see how well they play first.
We had this last season, Keane was meant to sure up the defense, siggurdson and Rooney were meant to be the play makers, making things happen, klassen was meant to be the box to box midfielder general and Sandro was meant to bang in the goals.

Digne, gomes, mina, zouma and Bernard were cast offs there clubs were trying to get rid of.

Richarlison was the only one we went after and got that there club wanted to keep.

That doesent mean there not good, but let's wait and see how well they play first.
We had this last season, Keane was meant to sure up the defense, siggurdson and Rooney were meant to be the play makers, making things happen, klassen was meant to be the box to box midfielder general and Sandro was meant to bang in the goals.

Shut up Havrey

Jog on divvy

Bernard ran his contract down after refusing a new one at Donetsk to become a free agent

No need to end your post telling us of your celebratory bedroom antics.
...because of its ‘forbidden fruit’ nature, many indulge in the act in places that provide a little risk and/or where there’s a chance of getting caught. I saw a LiveLeaks clip of a Berlin couple doing it in a supermarket! I have to confess to being unimpressed...I’m no prude but I am big on hygiene and with all that food about that German couple, I don’t think ‘bottom play’ is on really. Perhaps they might have done their food shopping first, and then do anal at say a bus station, or maybe a bookies.

Current Approximate Order

G: Pickford, Stek (regretfully), Hewelt, Virginia
D: Coleman, Baines, Mina, Zouma, Keane, Holgate, Jagielka, Digne, Kenny, Martina, Pennington
M: Gana Gueye, Siggi, Richarlison, Schneiderlin, Bernard, Gomes, Davies, Dowell, Besic, Beni, Macca
F: Tosun, Walcott, Niasse, DCL, Ramirez, Lookman, Bolasie

Manager : Marco Silva

GK
Jordan Pickford

Maarten Stekelenburg
João Virginia

RB
Séamus Coleman
Jonjoe Kenny

LB
Lucas Digne

Leighton Baines

CB
Yerry Mina
Kurt Zouma
Michael Keane

Phil Jagielka
Mason Holgate

DM/CM/AM
André Gomes
Morgan Schneiderlin
James McCarthy [+]
Idrissa Gueye
Gylfi Sigurðsson
Tom Davies
Beni Baningime
Kieran Dowell

Widers
Richarlison
Bernard
Yannick Bolasie
Theo Walcott
Ademola Lookman

Strikers
Cenk Tosun
Oumar Niasse
Sandro Ramírez
Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Total players: 29
Players culled so far: 17
Players purchased so far: 7

Players Out :
Robles, Garbutt(Loan), Mori, Rooney, Klaassen, Tarashaj(Loan), Onyekuru(Loan), Williams, Robinson(Loan), Mirallas(Loan), Connolly(Loan), Pennington(Loan)TBC, Vlasic(Loan), Martina(TBC), Browning(U23), Galloway(U23), Besic(TBC).

Vlasic changed from TBC

i'm not going to bother starting a new thread for this, but do people on here think we could challenge arsenal? I was tipping them for a great season, but after going through their squad, is there a case to say it lacks as much depth as our own? Given the injuries to a few players, there first team does look a bit weak. Obviously they have a few world class players which puts them ahead of us, but when you think they have europe and we don't could they be targetted?

If i put together a best XI of them of:

Cech
Bellerin Papa Koscielney Kolasinic
Xhaka Torreira Ramsey
Aubameyang Lacazette Ozil
so that leaves a second XI of:
Leno
Lichsteiner Mustafi Holding Monreal
Mkhitaryan Elneny Maitland-Niles Guendouzi Iwobi
Welbeck

i mean i was really stuggling to even pick XI then whereas we have a fair few internationals in our third XI. Seeing that koscilney, kolasinic and now maitland-niles are all injured already, are they ripe for the taking? I'm not saying our squad is better overall, but is there a case to sya we'd cope a hell of a lot better with two or three serious injuries compared to them? I thought they did good business this summer plugging their most presising needs, but looking at that, i think i may retract my statements.

You have to use context also. They were so called cast offs from which clubs? Yes....elite clubs. Richarlison was still wanted by which club? You had no context whatsoever and trying to be edgy you also have to be smarter.

Status
Not open for further replies.