Getting away with Murder

Status
Not open for further replies.

There are some to whom Besic gets better with every passing game he doesn't play because they forget his faults.
wasn't putting it forward as a definitive classification, just pointing out some players are allowed to make mistakes and others are berated for it.
Well, just pointing out that and a crap Cop show subtext I must have put in subliminally somehow.

I get what you are saying overall. Just seemed like you created two black and white categories, when I think most players fall under some shade of grey. I guess the "why" part is getting overlooked by the lists (well, that and Mersey Beat)

Don't really agree. I think lukaku and mirallas get considerably more stick than McCarthy for example. Mainly due to the (perceived) effort factor. Even naismith doesn't get that much stick really, most people try to like him and appreciate his work rate, but realise that he's actually just very limited and so complain about his performances.

I think the Barkley thing gets overplayed a lot too, I think the huge majority of fans love him, but he does have a habit of doing things which provoke grumbles at the game. Don't think its so much people getting on his back, just frustration when attacks break down and he's often the one trying to do something other than just keep the ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.