Getting away with Murder

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, not sure if you've got Rom in the right list, and these things do change, players can move from one list to another very quickly as I'm sure Mr Robles will tell you ! I fully agree with your basic point, we do carry a lot of prejudices, good and bad, with us to every game, we too often forget that form is a short-term thing, and I'd have to include myself in that. But let's give Evertonians some credit too, we usually know a good performance when we see it. I was a Barry hater last season, but Saturday wasn't the first time this season he's been my man of the match, and Kone's turnaround this season has been amazing.

Yeah, not sure if you've got Rom in the right list, and these things do change, players can move from one list to another very quickly as I'm sure Mr Robles will tell you ! I fully agree with your basic point, we do carry a lot of prejudices, good and bad, with us to every game, we too often forget that form is a short-term thing, and I'd have to include myself in that. But let's give Evertonians some credit too, we usually know a good performance when we see it. I was a Barry hater last season, but Saturday wasn't the first time this season he's been my man of the match, and Kone's turnaround this season has been amazing.and his 'laziness'

I was in two minds about where to put Rom, he gets a lot of unwarranted stick off some for his perceived 'laziness' and terrible first touch, but like Gerry you know at some point he's going to put in a glorious stint and score so he gets let off by the rest.
It was mainly reading the Besic thread that made me think of it, and the comparison between him being kept out of the team because of occasional mistakes and Stones being kept in the side to learn from his occasional mistakes. Some players are allowed to make mistakes and others aren't.

Status
Not open for further replies.