Gerard Deulofeu

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well said Dave.

Would be interesting to hear Unsworth's opinion on Dowell. And whether he think he's a "proper Everton midfielder" like TD.

I rate Dowell, but simply put Ross has been playing so well that you couldn't justify dropping him, of which Koeman must take his share of the plaudits because Ross was floundering under Martinez, as was every player aside from Barry, Lukaku and Lennon

It's not as if Koeman has played a blinder with Del by any means, but it's not as if he didn't give him a chance either, which some are implying because they like to have a go at the manager

This thread sums up the entire reason why Everton won't win anything. Let's hang the talented players out to dry while we persevere with the dross like Bolasie because they run dead fast and tweet loads.

And yes on paper he had 8 assists in the beginning of last season - which equates to half of what Bolasie did his entire PL career.

This thread sums up the entire reason why Everton won't win anything. Let's hang the talented players out to dry while we persevere with the dross like Bolasie because they run dead fast and tweet loads.

And yes on paper he had 8 assists in the beginning of last season - which equates to half of what Bolasie did his entire PL career.

Would Del get into the Spurs or Chelsea team?

Because they're the bench mark we should be aspiring to, not a down on their luck AC Milan

I personally don't think he'd get into any of the top six sides at full strength right now. He'd possibly get into the City squad because Guardiola likes that sort of player, but I doubt he'd start

And I like Del, and I'd probably give him chance after chance if it were up to me, but come on it's hardly like people are hyping Bolasie over the next Van Basten here

Last edited:

Because they're the bench mark we should be aspiring to, not a down on their luck AC Milan

I personally don't think he'd get into any of the top six sides at full strength right now. He'd possibly get into the City squad because Guardiola likes that sort of player, but I doubt he'd start

And I like Del, and I'd probably give him chance after chance if it were up to me, but come on it's hardly like people are hyping Bolasie over the next Van Basten here

Mate people would argue we should sign Soldado because he scores loads in Spain. Fact is some players can't handle the PL and Deulofeu is one of them.

No and no.

If he was playing as he was when he was on fire last season, I think he'd walk into the Arsenal team and as you say the City team. Giroud or Aguero would score a hatful from his crosses. I'd definitely keep him (not that we have much of a chance anymore) as an impact sub and work on his physicality and stamina till he's ready for starting week in week out.

Keep Bolasie just in case we draw Sutton United in the Cup. He could show us all what he's capable of then.

We are hardly struggling without him are we?

I don't get this at all. Bolasie has barely played and has in no way shape or form affected anything to do with Ged.

Its a weird argument. If we were struggling I would understand the fume about Ged being out on loan but we are not, we are on our best run in years. Why would we try and shoehorn him back into the team when we dont need to?

No and no.

If he was playing as he was when he was on fire last season, I think he'd walk into the Arsenal team and as you say the City team. Giroud or Aguero would score a hatful from his crosses. I'd definitely keep him (not that we have much of a chance anymore) as an impact sub and work on his physicality and stamina till he's ready for starting week in week out.

Keep Bolasie just in case we draw Sutton United in the Cup. He could show us all what he's capable of then.

Bolasie is Kopite Kryptonite

If he's fit enough to play next season, we're beating them. They can't handle him. He's worth having for that alone. Pay him 500K a week to play just two games a season if needs be

Buying Bolasie (n)(n)

Not sticking with a talented player through a couple of bad games (n)(n)

Loaning the talented player out (n)(n)

In fairness though, even while doing well at Milan he doesnt look much different. Still flawed and with a poor attitude.

I'd like to see him in our team for a few games in a row as I feel he would hit form and we would benefit hugely, but at the same time I am way less confident than I was a year ago that he is going to amount to anything special. Very good at times yep, and thats fine, but not as good as his potential suggested.

I think he'd struggle to get into a top 8/9 team. He's a luxury player, and my latest memories were not of him putting the balls into Lukaku which he did under Martinez, which coincidently we finished 11th. The memories were of him hitting the goalie at near post and flailing his arms in the air or diving time after time when someone breathed on him

He has ability but Barkley had to up the workrate and fitness this season and I just don't think Deulofeu would put the same effort in.

We are hardly struggling without him are we?

I don't get this at all. Bolasie has barely played and has in no way shape or form affected anything to do with Ged.

Its a weird argument. If we were struggling I would understand the fume about Ged being out on loan but we are not, we are on our best run in years. Why would we try and shoehorn him back into the team when we dont need to?

It is a weird argument - Bolasie basically omitted Deulofeu from the team, despite being half as effective and 1/10th as talented. We all saw how well we were playing with Bolasie in the team and his sudden omission through injury highlighted what was the cause of the poor results. We have all seen what Deulofeu is capable of, prior to being dropped he was outstanding...

Everybody made their opinions quite clear on the Bolasie thread when he was linked with us, however now he plays for us we aren't allowed to utter a bad word about him, its very RAWKish. He's crap. He's always been crap and he's only gonna get crapper.

Bolasie is Kopite Kryptonite

If he's fit enough to play next season, we're beating them. They can't handle him. He's worth having for that alone. Pay him 500K a week to play just two games a season if needs be

I do like the sound of that.

I rate Dowell, but simply put Ross has been playing so well that you couldn't justify dropping him, of which Koeman must take his share of the plaudits because Ross was floundering under Martinez, as was every player aside from Barry, Lukaku and Lennon

It's not as if Koeman has played a blinder with Del by any means, but it's not as if he didn't give him a chance either, which some are implying because they like to have a go at the manager

I'm actually a big fan of what Del can produce (he also seems like a good guy), but, if he wants to make it here he has to add more to his game.

Ye, Dowell looks like he's got talent, but maybe in the same boat as Gerri. I haven't seen enough of him really. Loan next year maybe?

Didn't some on here say that Dowell struggled a bit earlier in the season? Looked pretty good to me the other week in that game. But could be why he's not had a look in too.

Dowell, as opposed to Davies, could be seen as a luxury player too. So as you say, as Barkley has being so good there's been no need to risk Dowell in the first team.

WTF? THIS IS THE DEULOFEU THREAD?!

It is a weird argument - Bolasie basically omitted Deulofeu from the team, despite being half as effective and 1/10th as talented. We all saw how well we were playing with Bolasie in the team and his sudden omission through injury highlighted what was the cause of the poor results. We have all seen what Deulofeu is capable of, prior to being dropped he was outstanding...

Everybody made their opinions quite clear on the Bolasie thread when he was linked with us, however now he plays for us we aren't allowed to utter a bad word about him, its very RAWKish. He's crap. He's always been crap and he's only gonna get crapper.

I think is being a little harsh on Bolasie. Every player takes time to settle in to a new team as well. He was very up and down in the little amount of games he played. Either way it still doesn't effect Ged. Bolasie may never even play again yet Koeman still sent him out on loan so I don't think the two are related at all.

Don't get me wrong, I think Deulofeu is talented like everybody does. It takes more than just pure talent though and I can easily see why he was let go.

I don't think he was outstanding either. He could be brilliant or a waste of space. He got to the point where if his first bit of skill didn't come off he would disappear for the whole game, you cant have passengers at the top level no matter how talented they are.

Status
Not open for further replies.