Gerard Deulofeu

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry mate but thats ridiculous. Bolasie has contributed a quite underwhelming 17 assists in his entire 4 year Premier League career. Deulofeu technically got 19 assists last season despite only playing 3 times after January 27.

Bolasie and Deulofeu are chalk and cheese in terms of both quality and end results.

Why are you quoting his time at palace, I wasn't. He's not as naturally gifted, but he's always made steps up when he felt the time was right which is commendable. I'm only interested in what both have done in their time at this club. Not sure what 19 technical assists are

I think it's work ethic with Gerry. If we've noticed the sitting on the floor sulks when something doesn't go his way, don't you think Koeman and co will have too? Gerry's obvious talent aside, Koeman doesn't want that in his team - and I am happy to live with that.

I don't think Martinez dropping him for Lennon is a good indicator when the same man repeatedly fielded the likes of Kone and Cleverley ahead of Mirallas on the left wing.

Sorry mate but thats ridiculous. Bolasie has contributed a quite underwhelming 17 assists in his entire 4 year Premier League career. Deulofeu technically got 19 assists last season despite only playing 3 times after January 27.

Bolasie and Deulofeu are chalk and cheese in terms of both quality and end results.

He had 8 assists. Literally dont know what you mean.

Why are you quoting his time at palace, I wasn't. He's not as naturally gifted, but he's always made steps up when he felt the time was right which is commendable. I'm only interested in what both have done in their time at this club. Not sure what 19 technical assists are

I give up. I really do.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/spor...ws/everton-star-gerard-deulofeu-even-10538115

That's what I mean by technically assisted, did you know that if a defender scores an own goal - the assist doesn't go to the 'assister'? nor winning a penalty, and a whole host of other ridiculous rules.

I'm only interested in what both have done at Everton, one has INTENTIONALLY created goal after goal after goal - the other gets the ball, stumbles around a bit and darts off into a blind alley or lumps the ball 20 feet over everybody.

At the time Deulofeu was at La Masia being lauded as the next big thing - Bolasie was already 5 years into his career at the prestigious Rushden & Diamonds. Bolasie found his level at Crystal Palace, Deulofeu is still finding his...

What's true is that Martinez left Del out of the side because he thought another player would do better than him

You can apply as much linguistic garnish as you desire, but that's the bare fact
Flair players like Deulofeu and Dowell are struggling in this regime. And Barkley has had to change his game to accommodate it.

That's plain to see.

I'd rather we have another go with Del in my own personal opinion, but thus far managers at Barca, Sevilla and Us have chosen not to give him consistent runs in the first team set up, that includes both Martinez and Koeman

No reason to have a double standard over this or turn it into a Martinez Vs Koeman argument, but rather better to analyse the facts. Martinez favouring an older Lennon over Del when he was a manager who often gave the younger players a chance, is an important thing to acknowledge

Flair players like Deulofeu and Dowell are struggling in this regime. And Barkley has had to change his game to accommodate it.

That's plain to see.

Maybe so, but that doesn't change the fact that flair players like Del and Barkley also struggled under Martinez too

The Premier League is a League where you need to have other strings to your bow than just boss tekkers if you're going to make it

Look at Hazard and Delle Ali for proof of that. They know their way around a rabona but they also have grit and a hardened shell. Del has a soft under belly, and until this season so did Ross

Kante is unequivocally the player of the season in my eyes, and he's a modern update of Claude Makalele. That's the type of player who thrives in this League. You adapt to the Premier League, it doesn't adapt to you. Guardiola is currently finding this out. Koeman is merely smart enough to adapt to the League he manages in. If Del can do likewise then he might have a shot here

The fact that my list for POTY would be Kante, Hazard and Delle Ali in that order speaks volumes. You can have flair and succeed in this League, but you need more than just it on it's own.

I give up. I really do.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/spor...ws/everton-star-gerard-deulofeu-even-10538115

That's what I mean by technically assisted, did you know that if a defender scores an own goal - the assist doesn't go to the 'assister'? nor winning a penalty, and a whole host of other ridiculous rules.

I'm only interested in what both have done at Everton, one has INTENTIONALLY created goal after goal after goal - the other gets the ball, stumbles around a bit and darts off into a blind alley or lumps the ball 20 feet over everybody.

At the time Deulofeu was at La Masia being lauded as the next big thing - Bolasie was already 5 years into his career at the prestigious Rushden & Diamonds. Bolasie found his level at Crystal Palace, Deulofeu is still finding his...

that says 13, and is a terrible basis of "evidence", bolasie's created 25 technical assists this season because there was that one goal where he passed it back to joel robles in the build up. Deulofeu had one purple patch where he was brilliant, and i said he should have been tried out more there by koeman before he was shipped off. But it's plain to see, apart from that purple patch he hasn't done much.

He's still finding his spot, but i don't think he's good or strong enough for the premier league. Talented enough, of course, talented enough for us, yes, but you need more than just talent in this league. I said this would happen when he left, he'd do well in a poorer league and all of a sudden loads of our fans will start shouting "why did we let him go, he could be doing that for us" etc. But he's shown nothing under koeman, and that's why he's gone.

If he comes back to us and into our first team again next summer, it'll most probably be the same thing again. I'd like to think he's matured and grown an aspect of his game, but i don't think he will have. He hadn't progressed at all in his time here and he actually looked worse and less threatening this season than he had in previous ones imo.

Lazy players like Deulofeu and Dowell are struggling in this regime. And Barkley has had to accept that he has to work hard AND provide a creative outlet to stamp his authority on games.

That's plain to see.

Well said Dave.

Would be interesting to hear Unsworth's opinion on Dowell. And whether he think he's a "proper Everton midfielder" like TD.

It's the truth.
download.jpg

Couldn't resist it :p

Status
Not open for further replies.