Gerard Deulofeu

Status
Not open for further replies.
...talking about Barcelona, the latest report suggests they will take up the option to re-sign Deulofeu for £10m and immediately sell him on but I thought a condition of that agreement was that he had to stay for a full season.

Maybe it doesnt apply in the final year.

Or maybe it was just rubbish.

Either way, at least we will get some money for him.

...talking about Barcelona, the latest report suggests they will take up the option to re-sign Deulofeu for £10m and immediately sell him on but I thought a condition of that agreement was that he had to stay for a full season.

It is, but Barca can pay us a financial penalty to do it in the first season - I have no idea how much that is.

Yes, I thought that as well.

Dont get ahead of ourselves on lookman just yet,just wait and see before we declare him a star,This is the same ronald koeman that wasnt playing Sadio Mane last year also,Looks like skilful players aint his cup of tea.I am all for hard work and putting the shift in but its players with quality at the end of the day that will bring everton to the next level.Gerard seems to have no problem competing the 90 mins in Italy and is a better player for it too

Dont get ahead of ourselves on lookman just yet,just wait and see before we declare him a star,This is the same ronald koeman that wasnt playing Sadio Mane last year also,Looks like skilful players aint his cup of tea.I am all for hard work and putting the shift in but its players with quality at the end of the day that will bring everton to the next level.Gerard seems to have no problem competing the 90 mins in Italy and is a better player for it too

Come off it. Koeman hasn't binned Deulofeu off because he hates players with quality. Neither did Martinez, or Barcelona, or Sevilla. Spot the pattern mate. He's had chances this year and he's been rubbish. Hopefully he gets some good game time at a decent standard and comes back to us a better more focused player. If not, he'll be off.

And I don't get your logic on Lookman. You're saying he won't get a chance from Koeman just like Mane didn't? Even though Koeman signed Lookman himself and has already played him far more than we thought he would.

Also Mane played 37 league games last season, and was only out the starting line up for a short time because he went 4 months without scoring...

Come off it. Koeman hasn't binned Deulofeu off because he hates players with quality. Neither did Martinez, or Barcelona, or Sevilla. Spot the pattern mate. He's had chances this year and he's been rubbish. Hopefully he gets some good game time at a decent standard and comes back to us a better more focused player. If not, he'll be off.

And I don't get your logic on Lookman. You're saying he won't get a chance from Koeman just like Mane didn't? Even though Koeman signed Lookman himself and has already played him far more than we thought he would.

Also Mane played 37 league games last season, and was only out the starting line up for a short time because he went 4 months without scoring...

He's had hardly any chances under koeman tbh. You can't develop form without a run of games.

Martinez benching him when he was in the form of his career (second most assists in league having played way less minutes than everyone else) was a terrible decision as well and our form suffered from it.

He's had hardly any chances under koeman tbh. You can't develop form without a run of games.

Martinez benching him when he was in the form of his career (second most assists in league having played way less minutes than everyone else) was a terrible decision as well and our form suffered from it.
In fairness, Del may have been doing ok personally (I don't remember him being particularly outstanding other than the assists which were mainly delivered in the autumn), but the team weren't. The work rate in the team at the time was non existent. RM had to try something and introducing Lennon brought about a mini revival, albeit short lived. Lennon's personal contribution was excellent and, just like the previous season when we brought him in on loan, his work rate seemed infectious to the other players.

I was a big fan of Del and still am, but that was one of the very few decisions RM made last season that I can support.

Regardless of how he does at Milan, he needs to perform here or he will never make it. He could probably make a bigger impact if he was asked to do less (take on a support striker role like Mirallas or Lookman). I do not think he will accept the super sub role- ESPCIALLY if his ego continues to be stroked the way it is in Milan. Needs to get things sorted out if he wants a shot at the starting lineup. I think he would have been sold if Koeman truly didn't want to keep him.

The reason he's completing 90 minutes in Italy is because the pace of the game allows impact players to stroll around half the time. The premier league is totally different, the reason Lookman is getting game time is because he's prepared to work hard as well as having the ability. I don't think Deulofeu will ever have the work ethic to be a success over here.

In fairness, Del may have been doing ok personally (I don't remember him being particularly outstanding other than the assists which were mainly delivered in the autumn), but the team weren't. The work rate in the team at the time was non existent. RM had to try something and introducing Lennon brought about a mini revival, albeit short lived. Lennon's personal contribution was excellent and, just like the previous season when we brought him in on loan, his work rate seemed infectious to the other players.

I was a big fan of Del and still am, but that was one of the very few decisions RM made last season that I can support.

Took the words out my mouth.

The reason he's completing 90 minutes in Italy is because the pace of the game allows impact players to stroll around half the time. The premier league is totally different, the reason Lookman is getting game time is because he's prepared to work hard as well as having the ability. I don't think Deulofeu will ever have the work ethic to be a success over here.
I think you are right. He could be effective as an impact player from the bench but Del would have to accept that role within the team. The fact that he went out on loan without us bringing in a like for like replacement suggests that he won't.

He got injured didn't he?

Status
Not open for further replies.