Gerard Deulofeu

Status
Not open for further replies.
Glad he scored, good luck to him, one step closer to us getting a fee for him, Koeman got this one spot on, gave him a chance but wasnt good enough for week in week out Premier League football.
Exactly. He's getting first team footy and scoring. Best wishes to him. If he has found his niche then great.

Lovely finish. He was totally nea about shutting down the Florentina cross for the goal though.
Something that a full back like Baines has done his whole career.

The goal wasn't his fault. The 18 yard box was rammed full of Milan defenders and it went through them all.

I'll say it (again)

Was the wrong player to ship out on loan. He is the one player who could make a difference off the bench when chasing a match or needing something different. The only player who could take on (and beat) his man. Could whip in a cross which would usually be met by Lukaku.

Instead, we kept Lennon. Now I don't have an issue with Lennon at all. But Deulofeu was magical when on the ball. Something that ZERO of our current playing squad have with the possible exception of Barkley and Barkley isn't a winger.

I'm not overly concerned about his supposed lack of defense in the last 20-30 minutes of a match when we're trying to find a winner. I would like to see him last an entire 90 however.

Either way, one of Koeman's few mistakes.

But someone wanted Ged. Its all very well saying we should have shipped out Lennon instead but if nobody wanted Lennon at the time then its pointless.

Gerard was never given a run of games at everton ,if you gave Gerard 6 games in row e.g 90 mins he would of came good,you cant get going if given 10 mins here and 15 the next day.AC Milan were down to 9 players last week when he provided a brilliant assist,what chance of Koeman even having him on the pitch if we were down to nine.We have let a gem go and shame on you Everton

Gerard was never given a run of games at everton ,if you gave Gerard 6 games in row e.g 90 mins he would of came good,you cant get going if given 10 mins here and 15 the next day.AC Milan were down to 9 players last week when he provided a brilliant assist,what chance of Koeman even having him on the pitch if we were down to nine.We have let a gem go and shame on you Everton
id question if gerard could complete 6 x 90 minute games.

Replaced him with someone with an actual engine in Lookman.

He hasn't gone yet.RK get's us (miraculously) into the CL and Arsenal come knocking,next seasons new manager might love him.

All hope is not gone.

I remain hopeful Koeman will see the error of his ways and bring our boy home ;)

Mental that people are now moaning that we let him go out on loan

Koeman demands hard work from his players. Deulofeu, for all of his natural talent, does not work hard. He isn't even ever fit enough to complete 90 mins of not working hard, usually.

The lad is hugely talented and a motivated, fit Deulofeu who was prepared to put in the required workrate without the ball would be a big asset to us.

At the end of the day though, he will never be that and he (to his credit) didn't want to sit on the bench for the rest of the season, only getting a few mins here and there as a sub, so he asked to leave and Koeman allowed it.

It's a shame but he will never succeed in this country unless he is indulged as a luxury player, somehow, and we don't have a manager who is prepared to do that at the moment, and I'd venture that most top managers in the country would probably take the same stance.

Makes me sad thinking about him, but ultimately he is the one to blame, not anybody at Everton.

Status
Not open for further replies.