General Meeting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its WE David, WE are all in this together, its not him and us, its US and WE.

Its about how WE go forward now or you spend the next few years talking about the last few years, something that constantly holds this club back, STOP LOOKING BACKWARDS.

I hope when we win the champions league that the Mosh trolls hard.

"I always knew I'd win it one day. I've struggled hard but my incredible work ethic and genius has finally paid off. This is my proudest moment etc"

So disappointing. I am now convinced the Moshiri is a complete clown.

- The fact that Kenwright has been retained despite being Chairman over a period that saw revenue fall so far behind the other big clubs
- His odd appearances with Jim White
- The appointment of Steve Walsh on the back of perhaps 2 good signings
- A fairly uninspiring appointment for CEO
- ....and now putting Brands on the damn board

The Board is now essentially management + 2 people with club history. Who is going to fire the Brands if he is under performing? Four of the six Board Members are Executives!!!! If you want an effective Board, they should be looking externally, someone with marketing/branding experience, non-management finance experience, and other expertise to build the commercial side. Compare our Board to Man City and the experience level is a joke.

If we move up the table it will be a complete fluke sadly.

It's certainly possible though, it's basically a return to our previous transfer model, only with more money to spend and less pressure to sell. We need to find the next Stones, Lukaku, Arteta, Baines, Jagielka etc like we used to, instead of lumbering ourselves with hugely overpriced dross like Bolasie and Klaassen or just really average players at market value like Funes Mori and Niasse. The way our previous record in the transfer market has been completely obliterated in the last few years is absolutely criminal.
Which got us nowhere near the elite.
We need funds. Just because they were wasted in the last 2 seasons, that is still the way I am afraid.

Which got us nowhere near the elite.
We need funds. Just because they were wasted in the last 2 seasons, that is still the way I am afraid.
It did though. It got us 4th and a few 5ths. We’ve got the funds to make more signings than we did then, and to not always have to sell. We’re not talking about signing the equivalents of Marcus bent and stracqualursi here, look at Liverpool now, top of the league and key players like van dijk , Robertson, mane, Gomez and wijnaldum were all very gettable for us at different times. The key is for us to find those players early, it can be done.

Status
Not open for further replies.