Gbamin

Status
Not open for further replies.
so how does a contract termination work?

lets say gbamin is still owed 10 mil in wages, presumably he doesnt say to everton i will leave for nothing

i guess he says he will take the wages payment up front and leave

surely we would negotiate and offer him like 5 mil to leave and then he accepts?

There are two possibilities.

1. The scenario you outlined above.

Or,

2. A club comes in for him; Everton ask for a transfer fee (£5m). They can’t get the deal over the line in time, so rather than be lumbered with his wages for a year, they agree to terminate at zero cost so Gbamin is free to move.

In either scenario, we’re out of pocket but not as bad as if we’d have kept him on the books for a whole year.

It's unfortunate for Club and Player that things never worked out with Jean-Philippe Gbamin, but that's how it goes sometimes with injuries and the like. I have absolutely no ill feelings towards the guy and wish him every success in moving on and finding a club.

From the BBC:

Everton have terminated the final year of the contract of midfielder Jean-Philippe Gbamin.

The 27-year-old joined from Mainz for £25m in 2019 but his spell at the club was wrecked by injuries.

He managed only eight games for the club, including six in the Premier League, and spent last season on loan at Trabzonspor.

It's wild, the second he touched an english stadium his legs just exploded. Good riddance.
Oh his legs looked like this and we were like "Yeah, it's fine. What's the worst that could happen?"
tattoo-leg-bomb.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.