Transfer Rumour Gabriel (Lille)

Status
Not open for further replies.
For me Branthwaite has seized his chance with the first team and deserves the opportunity to play even more.

I would agree with this, we've got 3 senior defenders and we've got by on crossing our fingers until the last few weeks of the season. He's a perfect 4th option for me. Young, cheap, not causing problems if he isn't starting every week and motivated to impress when he does.

For me Branthwaite has seized his chance with the first team and deserves the opportunity to play even more.
He's 18 and has shown great flashes, but again, he's only 18. I think it'd be best to loan him to a Championship side for the year so he can get loads of first team experience.

Gibson and Branthwaite both need to play games, every week.

I know it would be lovely to keep them around, but they need to be on the pitch.

Now granted with the way our CBs fall apart they might get that here, but we have to assume the best case for them and for me that's them playing weekly and improving.

Can always recall them from a loan as an emergency cover. They definitely need loans.

I think we should do something unprecedented and back the youth in Gibson and Branthwaite. Give Gibson his chance and Give Branthwaite a properly calculated Championship loan. No need to buy Zouma/Gavbriel/anyone.
I think we will be able to play them in the Championship ourselves unless we sign some experienced defenders.
These 2 are not ready yet by a long way.

Anyone who doesn't like Richarlison, really needs to just walk away from Professional Sport and go and watch Marine on a Saturday, because there's nothing left there to enjoy.

I'd keep Walcott too, makes the wrong decision 99/100, but still stretches defences, just can't finish his runs.

I'd get it if he had a poor attitude in terms of being 'lazy' on the pitch or whatever. But it couldn't be more different. He works hard - probably too hard at times - for the side. Sometimes it can be a detriment when he's tracking back and then not there to break upfield.

I would agree with this, we've got 3 senior defenders and we've got by on crossing our fingers until the last few weeks of the season. He's a perfect 4th option for me. Young, cheap, not causing problems if he isn't starting every week and motivated to impress when he does.

It takes one injury and one suspension (or two injuries) for us to be down to bare bones, though.

Bringing in another CB may not be a priority in terms of players we desperately need, but it is still a problem area.

Eric Garcia from Manchester city would be my alternative to Gabriel.

But they're just not similar players at all.

We're after Gabriel because he fits the profile of the CB we want/need.

He's quick, strong, aggressive and likes to get on the front foot and decent enough on the ball. Urgo, all the tools a player needs in a defence which wants to play as a higher line.

Garcia is obviously a great talent but he's not strong or physically built.

We have Holgate already for that role. You need a balance. It's why our defence has looked decent when Holgate has been paired with either Mina or Keane, basically giving us that balance.

Status
Not open for further replies.