Transfer Rumour Gabriel (Lille)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its not in their males DNA one iota.

Its popular with women in college but thats it.

99% of male athletes play Baseball, American football or Basketball.

0-0's, grown men falling about feigning injury, not their thing.
The biggest issue with US Soccer is poor leadership, lack of scouting coverage (And quality scouting), and primarily the "pay to play system"

Its not in their males DNA one iota.

Its popular with women in college but thats it.

99% of male athletes play Baseball, American football or Basketball.

0-0's, grown men falling about feigning injury, not their thing.

Of course that's not remotely close to reality over here. Virtually everyone plays it as a kid. But 25 years ago you literally couldn't see it on TV. I'm not kidding. The US Team was occasionally on, that's about it.

Now, you have pickup games everywhere, teams everywhere, kits everywhere, virtually every league is on TV, MLS isn't even a popular league and they get 20K a game all the time, etc. The issue for youth development is access - the pay to play model excludes kids from the higher levels of club soccer - and expertise - there aren't even CLOSE to enough qualified coaches/scouts. Many that ARE kinda qualified are arrogant and don't teach the right stuff. There's also a tremendous amount of politics in picking teams due to the money concerns. However, at this point, kids can see how it's played and can't figure out most of it themselves.

Most of the issue lies with US Soccer leadership itself. They don't spend the crazy money they have in the right places in most cases. But at this point, the young talent is good enough that it has attacked foreign investment from all over. The USSF can screw things up all over the place and there will still be enough talent coming through that in a couple years, the USMNT will be good enough that at least qualifying for a World Cup will never be a concern again.

What goes on tour, stays on tour kinda things I’d imagine.

@TheKr0w I notice Chelsea signed Ziyech outside the window and announced it yet there’s no news on our signing of this guy?

It’s almost as if it was pulled straight from the gossip column or some jarg news site.

Where is @orly when you need him?

No idea mate. All I've heard is that we've booked a medical in for him in the summer. Didn't even know it had broke on Twitter before I posted it.

Just know someone who handles the medicals, they said about Gbamin last year so I consider them reliable.

No idea mate. All I've heard is that we've booked a medical in for him in the summer. Didn't even know it had broke on Twitter before I posted it.

Just know someone who handles the medicals, they said about Gbamin last year so I consider them reliable.

How about the Ihattaren medical...same day...time?

Status
Not open for further replies.