Transfer Rumour Gabriel (Lille)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a good question, and I think what we were trying to do with the likes of Vlasic, Bowler, Gibson etc. The problem is though, they aren't ready to play in the PL, so get stuck in the reserves, and never improve.
If they aren’t ready for the PL, we should loan them out immediately ala Chelsea for them to gain the necessary experience. I’m not talking League 1 but championship standards or lesser leagues in Europe. Firstly they can develop as footballers playing competitive footballers at a decent level. If they develop enough they can come back to us and join in the first team. Secondly if they impress, but we feel they aren’t of the required standard, we can sell them on hopefully for a profit.
I’m really not sure the Under 23s playing under Unsworth is the best pathway for talented youngsters to make it to our first team.

If they aren’t ready for the PL, we should loan them out immediately ala Chelsea for them to gain the necessary experience. I’m not talking League 1 but championship standards or lesser leagues in Europe. Firstly they can develop as footballers playing competitive footballers at a decent level. If they develop enough they can come back to us and join in the first team. Secondly if they impress, but we feel they aren’t of the required standard, we can sell them on hopefully for a profit.
I’m really not sure the Under 23s playing under Unsworth is the best pathway for talented youngsters to make it to our first team.
Because unsworth is only interested in his own CV. Hopefully brands and the new guy from derby will make the decisions about The youngsters From now on.

Interesting that his name hasn’t been mentioned in The reports I’ve read over the last couple of days with Napoli and Oshimen. Just seems to be all about the striker now and Napoli trying to get the price down.

It was a 100mil double deal 4 days ago
Honestly the Napoli stuff seemed really off from the start (not saying they’re aren’t interested but the progress seemed overblown at best). I still think we’re favourites but fully expect it to drag on for most of the window whilst the agent tries to generate interest from a ‘CL club’ or Lille feed the media to drive up the price. We just have to hold our nerve and not get sucked in. Trust Brands not to do so.

Ancelotti has been linked with a host of his former players, including James Rodríguez, Thiago Silva, Edinson Cavani and Adrien Rabiot. The club have made progress in the pursuit of the Lille defender Gabriel Magalhães.

Status
Not open for further replies.