Transfer Rumour Gabriel (Lille)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could be right. I wonder if Carlo has thought he can make do with his CB’s (and maybe a freebie like Silva) and channels whatever funds he has in areas he feels are more important.
They aren’t that Much more important though.

people seem to think, buy 2x centre mids and everything will be fine. We still have one of the worst goalies in the league. Technically probably the worst Right back.

one young centre Back who’s had a good season, another one who seems to pick up injuries. And the other one can only play in deep defensive system.

But if that’s who they wanted then surely you try and get it done ASAP. We will now probably buy our 2nd or 3rd choice. For maybe just slightly less Than what Lille wanted.

We will see it’s not been confirmed he’s Arsenal bound yet . And I still find it strange them buying him with all the centre backs they have
I think Arteta has already said on your bike to that Sokratis, Mustafi is gash and Holding is decent, but had a bad injury a while back and nobody really knows if he will come back as good. And Luiz is Luiz. I can see why Arsenal are in for Gabriel.

I think Arteta has already said on your bike to that Sokratis, Mustafi is gash and Holding is decent, but had a bad injury a while back and nobody really knows if he will come back as good. And Luiz is Luiz. I can see why Arsenal are in for Gabriel.
They’ve just resigned Luiz, give him another year. Saliba who they signed last year but left on loan will be at the club this summer. They also signed pablo Mari not long ago.

Unless he’s going to 3 centre backs

I suspect we pulled out a long time ago personally.

Doubt we will sign a CB this window now.
We are still talking to todibo apparently according to the local press in Barcelona...anyhow there will be no signing for a while knowing how Brands works.

They’ve just resigned Luiz, give him another year. Saliba who they signed last year but left on loan will be at the club this summer. They also signed pablo Mari not long ago.

Unless he’s going to 3 centre backs
You could be right mate, I don't know. I think that Mari lad got badly crocked in the first game back after lockdown didn't he? The sort of injury that keeps you out for months and months.

But we're paying the price for 'pushing the boat out' in the past, aren't we?

There's not a day that goes by on here where someone doesn't (quite rightly in a fair few cases) complain at the amount of money we've spent on players over the last few seasons.

We can't have it both ways unfortunately.

It really is this. Realism is not pessimism. We struggled to make any impact with signings when we flaunted the fact we had some money to spend with Koeman. Things are a lot worse since then.

Chickens come home to roost eventually. This is the product of shambolic management.

We are practically at ground zero now. It's rebuilding from the bottom up. Let the likes of Gabriel and Hojbjerg go where they want. We'll need players that want to be here.

I'm done with looking for transfer updates every second. Some of our lot are so bad now it isn't going to take much to improve on them, at least there's that.

So arsenal are maybe spending 30 mil on Gabriel...they want Coutinho and hopeful of keeping Aubameyang...and not forgetting Willian. If this happens this is what we call backing your manager!

if they are trying to sign Willian and Coutinho I suspect they know Aubameyang is off and want to get it done in advance

Considering Arteta recently said he was concerned they had no money or something to that regard, I find this strange.

Status
Not open for further replies.