Funniest things you've heard shouted at a game?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not one I personally heard but amused me. When Jimmy Hill played for Fulham, he had a beard, unusual for players at the time. In one game at Craven Cottage, Jimmy Hill was shouting for Mullery to pass the ball to him but Mullery went in the opposite direction. Someone in the crowd shouted 'give it to the Rabbi when he asks for it'.

Was at an MLS game as an away fan when the home supporters decided to try out the Viking clap cheer. The pauses left plenty of time for our “YOU’RE NOT ICELAND” chant to be heard loud and clear on TV.

In the 80's away to Coventry, their away end was split down the middle if I remember rightly. They started to sing the 'sing on, sing on' song. A lad I was with started singing thank you very much for paying our giro's , thank you very much, thank you very very very much. I joined in and then the whole Everton did. The look on their faces was so funny, total shock. A steward said to my mate, you scruffy scouse C**T me mate replied [Poor language removed] OFF ya ma's ya sister.....

Long time ago and in todays culture never be allowed but anyhow,,,my dad took me to see Cardiff play West Ham in a league cup game back around 1967,,one the West Ham players was Clyde Best ( a Bermudian for you younger ppl ). He committed a foul on one of the Cardiff players and as happens the ground went silent at that moment. A voice yelled out " play the white man Best" crowd broke into laughter and even Best looked round and grinned. Today that never be allowed different times tho.

Here in Northern Ireland I used to work in Omagh, Omagh Town played in the Irish League at the time. One freezing wet miserable night they were playing Coleraine in a very dull game in front of about 400 hardy souls all huddled together in one stand. There were two policemen at the access gate from the stand. With about ten minutes to go to half time two lads were going through the access, they were heading to the bar. Someone shouted "Hey peeler, stop them they are sneaking out without watching". Only bit of entertainment we had that night.

To Charlie Adam first game of last season. First a chant of how wide are your teeth and then silence followed by a lone voice chanting: ‘how wide is your ass’ to which he gave a wry smile.

Somewhere behind me a few weeks ago....

Someone shouted what's the point putting Bernard on with 10mins to go..

Couple of mins later, Bernard flying down the wing stops lays off to Siggurdsson ....Goal....

My funniest thing I heard was during a horrific game mid nineties against Coventry. Quinn was warming up along the touchline and some fella shouts 'Oi Quinn get out the way yer going to cause an eclipse '

“F’ing hell Ossie, it looks like you’re towing a caravan” and then “Ossie, you’re giving me a f’ing heart attack lad”. Some fella at a home game against Newcastle many seasons ago. Had me laughing all game.

When I was a schoolboy in the paddock an away player was apparently writhing around on the ground in front of us, and from an oinoxious challenge - his trainer rushed on he was being booed for time wasting etc.
a big loud voice shouted obscenely "why don't you just dig a big f hole and bury him there"lol
to roars of laughter and a bemused look from his trainer stood there with his magic sponge in those days ....
he was ok anyway.....

Status
Not open for further replies.