Full Capacity Stadiums set to be allowed in England for new season

Is it time to open the stadiums at full capacity?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I respect everyone's opinions on this and peoples circumstances, as for myself I've had a horrific 18 months ,the only thing I would say if we don't put our trust in these vaccines ,we're finished no answers no way out , very sad indeed

Now that England is set to ease Covid restrictions, Prime minister Boris Johnson has announced that full capacity stadiums will be allowed for the new season. How do you all feel about it? Is everyone ready to return to Goodison Park or are some of you hesitant about interacting with that many people so soon?
Nice loud boos again...

I respect everyone's opinions on this and peoples circumstances, as for myself I've had a horrific 18 months ,the only thing I would say if we don't put our trust in these vaccines ,we're finished no answers no way out , very sad indeed
These vaccines only work in conjunction with suppression strategy against the virus. It's not 'instead of'.

Letting 40,000 / 50,000 / 60,000 people into a stadium cheek by jowl is the very opposite to what we should be doing if we really want the vaccines to do their job.

Havnt read it, but I guess its the similar train that the Spanish Flu is basically now "normal" flu we get every year?
Correct. Frequently returns, sometimes mild sometimes very serious. No help to our current predicament but might be an insight into how this may play out

I'd love to see James play in a full Goodison Park, especially with a quick midfield. I wonder if it will happen.

These vaccines only work in conjunction with suppression strategy against the virus. It's not 'instead of'.

Letting 40,000 / 50,000 / 60,000 people into a stadium cheek by jowl is the very opposite to what we should be doing if we really want the vaccines to do their job.
What the British government has decided to do seems to be in contradiction of what most other European countries believe is the correct course of action apart from the possible far right wing Hungarian government.

I feel this strategy may work far better than Brexit in separating the UK from the rest of Europe.

I know that here in Ireland they describe it as a race between vaccination and the variant.
They already accept that numbers will increase hugely again, hospitalisation ,sickness and deaths will increase also.

I think the quote attributed to Boris Johnson of ' pile the bodies high' may come back to haunt him.

Seriously mate please give it a rest. It's been a tough enough 18 months, I get it it's serious and your worried but your constant worry, we are doomed forever is doing nobody on this forum any good. Give it a rest for a few days eh lad

Stay at home then Dave, you don't have to go
You dont have to either.

Are you not concerned about your own health and others you come into contact with?

By the time Goodison opens again there'll be 100,000 people being infected by this EACH AND EVERY DAY.

This government is the only one in the world to lift restrictions when a wave of infections is surging. Dont be a lemming and throw yourself over a cliff just because they want to create profits for their class.

You owe them NOTHING. You owe yourself and your family and friends EVERYTHING.

Seriously mate please give it a rest. It's been a tough enough 18 months, I get it it's serious and your worried but your constant worry, we are doomed forever is doing nobody on this forum any good. Give it a rest for a few days eh lad
This is a thread (and the OP @Sassy Colombian will correct me if I'm wrong) to stimulate debate on the balance of the pleasure of match attendance and the possibility hesitancy of doing that due to its ramifications.

If you dont like the thread's intentions, leave it one side.

What the British government has decided to do seems to be in contradiction of what most other European countries believe is the correct course of action apart from the possible far right wing Hungarian government.

I feel this strategy may work far better than Brexit in separating the UK from the rest of Europe.

I know that here in Ireland they describe it as a race between vaccination and the variant.
They already accept that numbers will increase hugely again, hospitalisation ,sickness and deaths will increase also.

I think the quote attributed to Boris Johnson of ' pile the bodies high' may come back to haunt him.
I feel sorry for Ireland that one part of its island snatched away from it will be a source of massive infection that wont be contained within that rancid state.

Your country will pay the price along with us of the lunacy of the UK Government.

There's no greater boost for unification than this.

Johnson sadly doesn’t care about being haunted he will just pass the book. He as no shame, we are talking about a fella who didn’t attend any off the initial meetings regarding this which could of saved 1000s of lives. Add to that all the other lives lost due to focus on covid. The man should be looking at a criminal/ negligence court date,that won’t happen as we all know the tories love to have blood on their hands and sadly due to lack of opposition these divvys would get voted in again tomorrow if there www a vote.

Status
Not open for further replies.