Full Capacity Stadiums set to be allowed in England for new season

Is it time to open the stadiums at full capacity?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I expect 'the People's Club' to do what's right for the people who follow them on this.

I expect 'the People's Club' to do what's right for the people who follow them on this.
The right thing would be all clubs to ignore the full capacity and do half or quarter until winter and see how things go. It’s been great seeing a 2/3rds full Wembley but that’s a big stadium that can deal with it, ours and others are half to a 3rd the capacity so wouldn’t deal with a full house close together

Global Trend:
1625820322599.png

UK Trend:

1625820383231.png

We had it by the balls, then let it go, I think we may well have missed the boat on this one. Own goal from us (there you go, it's football relevant again now :) ).

The right thing would be all clubs to ignore the full capacity and do half or quarter until winter and see how things go. It’s been great seeing a 2/3rds full Wembley but that’s a big stadium that can deal with it, ours and others are half to a 3rd the capacity so wouldn’t deal with a full house close together
10,000 maximum...and that's pushing it.

Global Trend:
View attachment 132834

UK Trend:

View attachment 132835

We had it by the balls, then let it go, I think we may well have missed the boat on this one. Own goal from us (there you go, it's football relevant again now :) ).
...it's ok to end restrictions now though....the man who killed 128,000 of his own people says so.

People: dont listen to these lunatics, they'll get you or yours killed. Stay away from Goodison if you're in any way shape or form vulnerable or any of the people close to you are. It's just not worth it.

It doesn't work like that. It hits regions at different times. Same as how Europe had a massive wave when we had none.

Add in even if we eradicated Covid completely in the UK all it takes is an infected person coming or returning here and it all kicks off again.

Its impossible to be Covid free in a globalised world.

This thing is here to stay the moment the scummy CCP hid it for weeks whilst it spread around the globe.

Where possible, lower/non league clubs with sub 5K capacities should be allowed full houses just to keep them afloat
Personally, no attendance AT ALL.

Why throw petrol on the fire? It's like saying it's beng more responsible to throw a quarter of the can of petrol over the flames rather than the full can.

Just get these grounds shut and keep them shut until either the infection rate is under control or the vaccine has been administered to almost all the population.

Why throw petrol on the fire? It's like saying it's beng more responsible to throw a quarter of the can of petrol over the flames rather than the full can.

Just get these grounds shut and keep them shut until either the infection rate is under control or the vaccine has been administered to almost all the population.
what happens if covid is never eradicated and we just have to live with it like other viruses,
can we never go the match again?

Then football dies mate, like it or not teams like Tranmere, Oldham, Bradford etc cannot afford to go into a second season of no fans. In non league football it’s much worse, all bar the National League’s top division were unable to have a season last year, they cannot afford to do that again, they aren’t all blessed like the former Football League clubs down there

It doesn't work like that. It hits regions at different times. Same as how Europe had a massive wave when we had none.
Actually, it does work like that, it can't just appear from nowhere or survive in any conditions, it needs hosts and the ability to spread to survive. If no one is around to pick it up and pass it on, it dies out within a week and the only remaining evidence of it, are the people who picked it up before the lockdown that are going through it isolated or in hospital.

Couple of weeks with a low count as the starting point, everyone but front line staff in doors, only vaccinated front line staff out there, carefully monitored as to who they contact and it genuinely has a chance to die out leaving just the quarantining of people arriving from foreign shores as a potential issue, something we can actually monitor.
Similar to the last year but with the added bonus of the vaccine as a secondary net.

It's that or just gobbing your covid into your pint and lobbing over everyone you see at a mass gathering, one of these is more likely to work than the other

Personally I have had enough of this lockdown and I would like to see us genuinely have one attempt to kick this thing into touch for everyone's sake, but many have just had enough and are thinking sod everyone, it's me time.

The two views are fundamentally opposed unfortunately, and even just a handful with the second view will kill any chance of the first from working.

Attachments

• 1625822436020.png
    1625822436020.png
    14.6 KB · Views: 39
Actually, it does work like that, it can't just appear from nowhere or survive in any conditions, it needs hosts and the ability to spread to survive. If no one is around to pick it up and pass it on, it dies out within a week and the only remaining evidence of it, are the people who picked it up before the lockdown that are going through it isolated or in hospital.

Couple of weeks with a low count as the starting point, everyone but front line staff in doors, only vaccinated front line staff out there, carefully monitored as to who they contact and it genuinely has a chance to die out leaving just the quarantining of people arriving from foreign shores as a potential issue, something we can actually monitor.
Similar to the last year but with the added bonus of the vaccine as a secondary net.

It's that or just gobbing your covid into your pint and lobbing over everyone you see at a mass gathering, one of these is more likely to work than the other

Personally I have had enough of this lockdown and I would like to see us genuinely have one attempt to kick this thing into touch for everyone's sake, but many have just had enough and are thinking sod everyone, it's me time.

The two views are fundamentally opposed unfortunately, and even just a handful with the second view undermining any chance of the first from working.

I mean you can't point to global totals as evidence one country is getting it wrong, because the waves aren't globally even. That's why we've had infection rises at different times to Europe, the USA etc.

Add in even if we eradicated Covid completely in the UK all it takes is an infected person coming or returning here and it all kicks off again.

Its impossible to be Covid free in a globalised world.

This thing is here to stay the moment the scummy CCP hid it for weeks whilst it spread around the globe.
True, but it's far more manageable if it's just coming in from the airports or from boats, trains etc as there are quarantine procedures in place to ensure it. If it leaves a country as small and isolated as ours, there is a real chance to beat this and we can fill our stadiums and festivals without fear which is the end game for everyone.

I mean you can't point to global totals as evidence one country is getting it wrong, because the waves aren't globally even. That's why we've had infection rises at different times to Europe, the USA etc.
Yeah fair point. The national graph for UK is more than sufficient to show where we got it wrong, it's lazy of me to included the global one just to fit my narrative.

Status
Not open for further replies.