Full Capacity Stadiums set to be allowed in England for new season

Is it time to open the stadiums at full capacity?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
So do I mate. Hence why I’m advocating for people to be considerate and not force other people to stay at home because they themselves are scared.

I agree with that.

However I would like things to be open based on the best scientific evidence under the principle of minimum harm.

If things satisfy that criteria then I'm happy.

The thing is though if we are vaccinated or the ones that want to be vaccinated or the most vulnerable we should make a play to get grounds open, maybe not to 100% but well up there. My issue is travelling to games as someone who uses public transport usually and lives down south surely face covering should have been kept on public transport, also and much lesser in terms of importance a beer should be able to be drank outside the concourse at games i.e. at your seat.

In fact Japan, the last 7 days have had 11k case meanwhile the UK has had 190k, if we go full cap in August were doomed

Whats the alternative to not keep going though? The problem is we cant keep shutting down everytime a new variant pops up and we'll never fully eradicate the virus from the world so whats the end game? 1-2 months of freedom before 2-3 months of lockdowns/restrictions in a never ending cycle?

I honestly dont see what we can do anymore as a world never mind country considering its what 18 months into the pandemic nearly we cant keep locking down forever.

Whats the alternative to not keep going though? The problem is we cant keep shutting down everytime a new variant pops up and we'll never fully eradicate the virus from the world so whats the end game? 1-2 months of freedom before 2-3 months of lockdowns/restrictions in a never ending cycle?

I honestly dont see what we can do anymore as a world never mind country considering its what 18 months into the pandemic nearly we cant keep locking down forever.
I think the end game is what we will have 19th July. Basically treat COVID the same as Flu, albeit a bad one, and get on with it with society having to accept that there will be collateral damage. Alongside that science will search for better vaccines/treatment

In Liverpool today, [or more 3 days ago as data is always 3 days behind] there has been the 1st tiny decrease in the Per 100,000 for Liverpool, that is the 1st one in 6 weeks, it seems to have slowed down the last few days it looks like after going up loads every day-it was only 8 per every 100,000 6 weeks ago compared to 510 per 100k today [or more 3 days ago]-everything has the knock on effect somewhere even though they are classing how many are in Hospital compared to before and whatever else they use, do think as above that they will do it as normal as it will never end if we keep worrying over every little new variant and i did say in the past i do think we will all end up having to live with it

So never go out and do anything again ffs. When the normal flu arrives stay in as well ,goes on and on. Peoples mental also left on their own for months ,got to put trust in the vaccine it's the only answer
This argument is still being used?

Right....

Picture the sprawling mass that is Liverpool City, all it's streets, houses, businesses, parks etc, all those people... hordes of people, catching trains, driving, walking, cycling etc, got it?
Well, now try to picture 4 Liverpools next to each other, the shear scale of them taking up the horizon, but with no-one in them...
Every street empty, no-one in cars, all buildngs, buses, trains, boats, everything completely empty, because they are all dead... In all 4 cities, everyone dead.
That's the Covid death toll in less than 2 years.. OVER 4 x the population of Liverpool.
This thing has bought the world to it's knees.
Over 4m dead, 185 milion cases, Global lockdown, economic disaster, this is literally nothing like the flu on any level.
But imagine the scale of the devastation had the world not reacted so extremely. Those figures would have risen exponentially.

As for lockdown, look how close we came:

1625757020133.png

I mean really look at it, I may be wrong, but for a moment the downward trend seems so impressive that I genuinely believe that if the country had been fully vaccinated in April, and we locked down for another few weeks, the virus may well have dissapeared altogether in the UK, I really feel we were that close... But we lifted lockdown as we knew it, and you can see how that went, if you now introduce mass meetings like fesitvals or football games to the figures, guess what happens next...

Indefinite lockdown? of course not, maybe just a few weeks after the vaccination rollout has finished, give the country a chance to fight back.
Enough time with people not mingling, to kill off the Covid virus, with those front line staff unfortuante enough to come into contact with it having a safety net of the vaccine on top. Instead we are going the wrong way imo, and so is that chart above.

Maybe I should just jump on the 'screw the old and the weak' bus, lets party instead, I just can't bring myself to do it. I prefer my relatives alive where possible.

Finally, people saying 'If you don't want to go, don't go, it's simple', that just isn't the case is it?
That only works if you don't contact one of the thousands that went to the event, or in fact one of the people they were in contact with in the following two weeks... or one of the people they were in conctact with in the following two weeks, or .... well you get the point. I am sure you understand how Covid spreads by now.
Abstaining from going to a mass meeting doesn't in any way mean you are not going to get Covid from one and I don't want to pick it up and affect my friends or family in the two weeks before I find out I have it.

It's literally so simple.

If you have a ticket and are scared or vulnerable you have the choice not to go, just because football is back on they aren't forcing you to go.
So I sit on a bench to eat my sandwhich, see an ant heading my way on the bench and squash it, then proceed to eat my sandwhich... I guess from the ant's perspective I deserve it, but does my mum deserve to catch covid from the this?

Let suppose you went to the game, caught covid from one of tens of thousands of people gathered in one small area, are still in the contagious incubation stage with no idea you are ill, are going for a run and a few minutes before I get there have sat on a bench for a break, leaking moisture onto the bench in the form of sweat.

This inadvertently makes my mother sick, you have no idea at all and I cannot track and trace you. It's no one's fault, but it's easily done.

it's not going to the game that's the problem, it's who gets contacted after that doesn't go to the game, and it's really not that simple when you think about it.
This is the issue I have, well that and ants, I really hate ants.

ps I have no idea if you could catch covid like that, but hopefully you get my point :)

This argument is still being used?

Right....

Picture the sprawling mass that is Liverpool City, all it's streets, houses, businesses, parks etc, all those people... hordes of people, catching trains, driving, walking, cycling etc, got it?
Well, now try to picture 4 Liverpools next to each other, the shear scale of them taking up the horizon, but with no-one in them...
Every street empty, no-one in cars, all buildngs, buses, trains, boats, everything completely empty, because they are all dead... In all 4 cities, everyone dead.
That's the Covid death toll in less than 2 years.. OVER 4 x the population of Liverpool.
This thing has bought the world to it's knees.
Over 4m dead, 185 milion cases, Global lockdown, economic disaster, this is literally nothing like the flu on any level.
But imagine the scale of the devastation had the world not reacted so extremely. Those figures would have risen exponentially.

As for lockdown, look how close we came:

View attachment 132780

I mean really look at it, I may be wrong, but for a moment the downward trend seems so impressive that I genuinely believe that if the country had been fully vaccinated in April, and we locked down for another few weeks, the virus may well have dissapeared altogether in the UK, I really feel we were that close... But we lifted lockdown as we knew it, and you can see how that went, if you now introduce mass meetings like fesitvals or football games to the figures, guess what happens next...

Indefinite lockdown? of course not, maybe just a few weeks after the vaccination rollout has finished, give the country a chance to fight back.
Enough time with people not mingling, to kill off the Covid virus, with those front line staff unfortuante enough to come into contact with it having a safety net of the vaccine on top. Instead we are going the wrong way imo, and so is that chart above.

Maybe I should just jump on the 'screw the old and the weak' bus, lets party instead, I just can't bring myself to do it. I prefer my relatives alive where possible.

Finally, people saying 'If you don't want to go, don't go, it's simple', that just isn't the case is it?
That only works if you don't contact one of the thousands that went to the event, or in fact one of the people they were in contact with in the following two weeks... or one of the people they were in conctact with in the following two weeks, or .... well you get the point. I am sure you understand how Covid spreads by now.
Abstaining from going to a mass meeting doesn't in any way mean you are not going to get Covid from one and I don't want to pick it up and affect my friends or family in the two weeks before I find out I have it.
Take it your staying in then:coffee:

Take it your staying in then:coffee:

I am. Nowt to to with anyone else; if I get it, Mrs R gets it. The medics have no idea if she would survive it, and dont really want to find out.

That said, I do enjoy seeing folk getting back to some normality, and the scenes from Wembley were amazeballs, but thats those folks decisions. If Gary Linekar came round with a ticket for the final for me, I would still watch it on telly.

Status
Not open for further replies.