Match Thread Fulham v Everton (Sunday 22 Nov 12:00)

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Only watched 30 mins cos I was fighting for the TV with Disney + for the daughter :( who is not yet old enough to get it...
But can someone help me with a few opinions
- It was a 5-2-3 or 5-3-2? Good to see a tactical switch, but it does look so open at the back. Still, many of the PL matches are open, pre-season type matches with a lot of holes and gaps in defence. But for Fulham to cut us up like that was scary for when we see in form Man City, Spurs and LIverpool again.
- Iwobi looked good in the first half as RWB
- What's your opinion on Godfrey > Holgate selection
- I was worried about Davies and Sigurdsson coming on - potential to lose the ball often with Davies - and for Siggy to be like going down to 10 men
- Richarlison is phenomenal
- James is brilliant even when off form
- I'm worried about the CBs - THey're all good players individually now and I really thought it should be either Keane or Mina + Holgate or Godfrey - Keane and Mina don't go well together in a back 4 I think. It's a shame now, we had periods of time in the last 18 months with good defence but just couldn't pass. Now we are free flowing with good 8 defenders in the squad but can't keep a clean sheet! Thought Mina/Keane/Digne would be a unit by now.

Only watched 30 mins cos I was fighting for the TV with Disney + for the daughter :( who is not yet old enough to get it...
But can someone help me with a few opinions
- It was a 5-2-3 or 5-3-2? Good to see a tactical switch, but it does look so open at the back. Still, many of the PL matches are open, pre-season type matches with a lot of holes and gaps in defence. But for Fulham to cut us up like that was scary for when we see in form Man City, Spurs and LIverpool again.
- Iwobi looked good in the first half as RWB
- What's your opinion on Godfrey > Holgate selection
- I was worried about Davies and Sigurdsson coming on - potential to lose the ball often with Davies - and for Siggy to be like going down to 10 men
- Richarlison is phenomenal
- James is brilliant even when off form
- I'm worried about the CBs - THey're all good players individually now and I really thought it should be either Keane or Mina + Holgate or Godfrey - Keane and Mina don't go well together in a back 4 I think. It's a shame now, we had periods of time in the last 18 months with good defence but just couldn't pass. Now we are free flowing with good 8 defenders in the squad but can't keep a clean sheet! Thought Mina/Keane/Digne would be a unit by now.
Holgate and Godfrey + Dignie and a RB and we're good.

Says a lot for our defence no wonder Carlo is concerned.

well might he be concerned, I think he was drinking too much last night to decide to play Mina at the back - having this lanky buffoon in defence is a disaster for the entire team - too many chopping and changing the defence - no continuity or consistency with formations

haphazard from Pickford all the way out at the moment! you wonder how many goals do Everton need to score to get something out of a game, that is not a great position to be in

1606084014438.png

I actually think the defence should
Protect itself. If we had quality at centre back we wouldn’t be conceding goals. Too much emphasis for me on having defensive players all over the park to cover your defenders.
Mina is dreadful, Keane is poor too. Positional sense of both of them is woeful and they’re both too slow.
This.

With regard to the defence it’s just a shame Holgate got that injury pre-season. He offers something Mina and Keane can’t offer and that’s pace and composure on the ball. He looked like he hasn’t played for 2 months against United. Let’s hope another week’s full training and he’ll be match fit for the Leeds game.

Status
Not open for further replies.