Match Thread Fulham v Everton (Sunday 22 Nov 12:00)

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
So the way I saw the Fulham game…

First half Everton were playing positively using what looked like a 3-4-3 formation

Second half for some reason the wing backs got pinned back either by accident or design so it became a 5-2-3 formation. We completely lost all shape and we couldn’t even get out of our half as we had only 2 midfielders.

Carlo swapped Richarlison for Siggy who contributed less than nothing so it then became a 5-2-2 formation.

Finally Carlo brought on Tom and the formation became 5-3-1 and suddenly we were able to compete in midfield again and things settled down a bit.

I don't think how long you've been watching a team makes your opinion more valuable. You can say I've seen Everton since 1878 and it wouldn't make a difference from someone who has been watching for 2 seasons. Different players, different coaching, different opponents.

The club has work to do, but I sometimes feel people want them to fail so they can say with pride: "See, I told you so. Everton that!"

This defeatist attitude is really something to behold.

Unfortunately I am too used to getting let down by Everton and there is too much dead wood for me to confidently say they would finish near the top - it just ain't happening

Unfortunately I am too used to getting let down by Everton and there is too much dead wood for me to confidently say they would finish near the top - it just ain't happening

I think.that looking at the team subjectively, I wouldn't bet on us reaching the top 4. Not unless we add some pieces of figure out the puzzle defensively.

But that could happen. We are in the mix and we know what the problem is. Brands and Carlo just gotto figure out a way to resolve it.

And if it doesn't, it has nothing to do with the teams from the past. Teams like Liverpool, Chelsea, City, United, Tottenham were already there and reinforced while we are trying to break in. Not an easy feat.

I think.that looking at the team subjectively, I wouldn't bet on us reaching the top 4. Not unless we add some pieces of figure out the puzzle defensively.

But that could happen. We are in the mix and we know what the problem is. Brands and Carlo just gotto figure out a way to resolve it.

And if it doesn't, it has nothing to do with the teams from the past. Teams like Liverpool, Chelsea, City, United, Tottenham were already there and reinforced while we are trying to break in. Not an easy feat.

Defensively we have some of the bodies, Holgate, Godfrey, Keane, Niels but it is RB that needs sorting. Midfield for me we need to look for James replacements as subs possibly Gordon but what of Simms or Isco? Upfront need striker backup would be in pooh land if DCL injured.

Defensively we have some of the bodies, Holgate, Godfrey, Keane, Niels but it is RB that needs sorting. Midfield for me we need to look for James replacements as subs possibly Gordon but what of Simms or Isco? Upfront need striker backup would be in pooh land if DCL injured.
I'm not 100% convinced we should be using a James-lite when James is not available. Teams usually use subs to shift things around a bit. I am all for consistency of style, etc. but when somethings not working, a team have sussed and strangled our play, or we get an injury the guys on the bench should have the ability to change the game not just replace like for like. That's what Parker did on Sunday with RLC and Mitrovic who were different players to the ones on the field prior to their arrival. We tried a similar move but it didn't work as our plan B doesn't have the right players to pull it off!

I'm not 100% convinced we should be using a James-lite when James is not available. Teams usually use subs to shift things around a bit. I am all for consistency of style, etc. but when somethings not working, a team have sussed and strangled our play, or we get an injury the guys on the bench should have the ability to change the game not just replace like for like. That's what Parker did on Sunday with RLC and Mitrovic who were different players to the ones on the field prior to their arrival. We tried a similar move but it didn't work as our plan B doesn't have the right players to pull it off!

Agree. I want James sub to be a dynamic pace guy that gives us a spark. That's what you need in those last 20 minutes, especially different from James

Under 24 hours left to cast your vote for MotM at Fulham, poll closes at 1.55pm UK time Friday ;) ;)

Right. Ringing in sick tomoro. Going to pull an all nighter and do some crunch. Watch the game few times and do the analytics.

Wont let ye down.

Status
Not open for further replies.