Match Thread Fulham v Everton - Preview, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
MOTM to Pickford, although voted Mykolenko first then changed my mind. Toss of a coin really.

Fulham NIL has to be the most important thing to take from yesterdays match, gaining a point on the board from a tidy top 8 team away from home can't be bad!

How did DCL not get that goal?

Relieved to get the point ;)

Good point in the end.

Fulham a much better team than I thought - all credit to Marco Silva and I'm pleased for him.

Anthonee Robinson - so much improved. Just goes to show that, with time and hard work, young players of promise - he was always quick and good going forward - can step up to become genuine Premier League standard.

Not surprised by Fulham, they are a good in form team. Not surprised by Everton, they were poor with an awful midfield apart from Iwobi, and two useless wingers. Urgent recruitment needed in January otherwise we face a bottom of the table struggle. Great praise for the travelling fans who deserved far better than this.

Fair enough but we got a draw away to a team jn good fiorm who would have gone top 6 with a win. We kept a ckean sheet to a team who score lots at home. It wasn't a bad result. Last season I reckon we'd have lost that. The fact they have just been promoted is irrelevant.
It's just sheer luck that their striker had a bad game . Another day we lose byb5 goals. It's not really because it highlights our level .

It's just sheer luck that their striker had a bad game . Another day we lose byb5 goals. It's not really because it highlights our level .
You mean their striker that should have been sent off in the 24th minute?

Our level is lower mid table. Fulham's level is higher mid table. Both on merit. I have no delusions about where we are at the moment. Would i like us to be better?. For sure I would. But I accept it's a work in progress albeit we're heading in the right direction.

Fulham play some good stuff, especially at home. A draw yesterday wasn't a bad result for us.

Coming away from the game yesterday i never realised how 1 sided the stats would make the game look. I thought we played well in 1st half attacking wise, and then repeated that in defence 2nd. Imo its a good point.
Problem with our set up is it all rests on how the wingers play. Gordon was pants yesterday and Gray was Gray.

You mean their striker that should have been sent off in the 24th minute?

Our level is lower mid table. Fulham's level is higher mid table. Both on merit. I have no delusions about where we are at the moment. Would i like us to be better?. For sure I would. But I accept it's a work in progress albeit we're heading in the right direction.

Fulham play some good stuff, especially at home. A draw yesterday wasn't a bad result for us.
Yes I mentioned that in my previous posts.

Our level is worse than a side that was in the championship a few months back. We seem to cross this bridge a lot with previous championship teams and its very worrying.

There's no real way for a club like us to excuse that really. No matter how many angles and funky ways we look at it.

Good point away to a good team.

I'm fairly happy with the progress as far as team evolution goes. We tried revolution and it was an unmitigated disaster.

The manager has clearly improved the defence which is always the foundation for any building.

As far as the midfield is concerned, Onana is very raw and Gueye is probably past his best. Not withstanding, I feel the midfield is definitely an improvement on any of the combinations of Davies, Gomes, Delpf and Siggurdsson. Though clearly not to anywhere near the degree of the defence.

Up top is what it is. Gray is so frustrating because he seems to have all the tools to be top notch but is incredibly inconsistant.

Gordon, hard to say. He may be another Gray or it might start clicking into place. I've seen enough players go down both roads.

DCL has missed a lot of football and has the type of build that tends to need a lot of games to get up to full sharpness. So I'm hopeful of improvement though I don't see a regular 20 goals a season striker.

Maupay and McNeil are still new and while limited, have a good work ethic.

I'm pretty sure Lampard can see the problems and will set about addressing them in the coming windows.

As I say, evolution, not revolution. It's where we're at. Unless Elon Musk decides to buy us.

Yes I mentioned that in my previous posts.

Our level is worse than a side that was in the championship a few months back. We seem to cross this bridge a lot with previous championship teams and its very worrying.

There's no real way for a club like us to excuse that really. No matter how many angles and funky ways we look at it.
The thing is Fulham would most probably have beaten us last year. Yesterday they didn't. You said we were lucky. I would argue that we were unlucky, because for about the fourth time this season we were denied having an opposing player sent off for a clear red card offence. That changes the game Phil.

And I'm not making any excuses for us mate. We are where we are because of piss poor decision making at the very top level since Moshiri took over control of the club. But I'm optimistic we're on the right path.

The thing is Fulham would most probably have beaten us last year. Yesterday they didn't. You said we were lucky. I would argue that we were unlucky, because for about the fourth time this season we were denied having an opposing player sent off for a clear red card offence. That changes the game Phil.

And I'm not making any excuses for us mate. We are where we are because of piss poor decision making at the very top level since Moshiri took over control of the club. But I'm optimistic we're on the right path.
Mate we've crossed the mitrovic point a million times yes he should of off, he wasn't and we allowed him about 20 clear cut chances that thankfully he ballooned over . We were lucky after the poor decision.

We can't really make excuses , but even being poor we really should be beating championship teams. We didn't beat forest either.

Hopefully you're correct and it's not another false dawn.

Was at the away end and the only action second half was the cancelled goal.

Hard to say how close the half chances we made in the 1st half were... All happened at the other end with no big screen.

Gray and Gordon were mostly not existent second half, looked leggy. Not enough time for Maupay to get involved, despite their being every need...

Good to see Patts and Gatrner though, and it's still a point away.

Status
Not open for further replies.