2022/23 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just stumbling into this season with Calvert-Lewin was an atrocious plan.

I like Lampard wand ant him to succeed, but that decision he either made or went along with has knackered us this season.

That has to be rectified with a couple of attacking signings in January or he's taking us through the trap door.
Although I completely agree it’s hard to fix all the problems we had/have in a single window.

I think the biggest failing is the signing of McNeill and Maupay, neither really good enough if we’re honest, I understand it’s a squad game but truly we should have strengthened the first 11 first.

There is absolutely no way Gray, Gordon should be first team players. They should be used as impact subs and occasional starters to rest or cover suspensions.

Instead of Maupay and McNeill, we should have used that money and signed a wide player who creates and scores, and then looked at a free like Januzaj to cover the other side, of course we’d have moaned and it would have been uninspiring, but at least it would have been 15m less than we’ve spent on McNeill, probably with equal output.

Desperately need wide players who can offer something, and a CF who is like for like DCL. There’s no point playing long with Maupay who’s all of 5ft7.

He scored as many goals as McNeil has in the 9 games he did play.

Strangely enough I don't just compute a good performance = a goal scored. But just to answer my own question...

Last season, 15 points from 14 games

11 points with Richy, 4 points without...

For all of Benitez's "great start" last year we are only 1 point behind that after the same number of games having lost less games, conceded 10 less goals but scored 6 less.

People need to spend less time on arguments, more time fact checking.

All? Seriously?

Iwobi missed a sitter, Dom missed a 1v1, their first a worldie, the second caught trying to equalise.

He’s not perfect but he also can’t affect the above with this team.
Yes mate, I thought the performance from the off was rank, slow no energy, passing was slow and predictable, against an average Leicester team.

Aye, the stats don't provide the full picture. The PPG versus Benitez is now being thrown around against Lampard, and people are calling for his head.

Before people moan, I'm not saying things are perfect with Lampard and we need to improve in areas, but I compare the feeling now compared to last year.

Do we have a better squad and are playing better? For me, the points total doesn't truly reflect the progress we've made, yet it highlights we're not there yet.

We're nowhere near the levels of capitulating against Norwich or Burnley

Im not in all or nothing territory myself, a lot of the players arent good enough to get consistent results in this league and at times the manager in naieive. But the team has developing players and a developing manager, so my expectations are realistic enough, i expected boom and busts.

Ultimately the barometer is survival, if we look like being cut a drift or in serious danger, yesterday was damaging because Leicester are a rival, thats going to be ultimately a red line for Frank.

The flaws aren't all in attack though. We're allowing the most shots on goal in the league. It's just unsustainable to defend by having your defenders throw in last ditch tackles for 90 minutes every game.

But we have one of the best defences in the league still. We brought in very good defenders doing their job.

Unsustainable I agree but you score the other end that becomes less and less or a worry

This is really not very difficult. Lampard has 34 games, and the outcome is 1 point on average. It is not our job to hire or fire managers, but this cannot possibly be good enough. The next game against Bournmouth is a game he must win, if not the club should make changes.
A manager change will kill us off properly. Its the players who are the issue.

I am right behind the manager for the long term, but I don't like yesterday's game plan, and I don't like his comments after the game, and I'm not going to lie when I disagree with the boss. He needs to play to our strengths and stop trying to play through every team from the back. When we lack intensity, we are easy to play against and teams can just sit back relax and wait for us to give them easy transitions.

The idea the midfield has been sorted is just not true either. Leicester have struggled but bullied our lads and played them off the park. Onana is very up and down, Iwobi is playing high up the field, and Gueye is nowhere near good enough and even worse on the ball than his first spell. We needed to focus on goals, not sentimental signings.

Exactly. If we'd been a little bit more precise in a game or two, we could easily be up in 8th place. It's fine margins, and we've got to hope we get there.
Problem is were not turning them fine margins into wins, just draws, add to that the league has no real stinker sides this term, its very worrying

We scored early against Utd + got absolutely hammered. I think same would've happened yesterday.

They've got better players than us + FL/players got it badly wrong yesterday.

Different type of game. We panicked. They have quality in attack coming off the back of an embarrassing derby defeat. Leicester have lost 5 out of 6 on the road (and spectacularly too).

Status
Not open for further replies.