2022/23 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is very similar to my perspective on it. While there was a lot wrong yesterday, people can't ignore that we had some good chances to turn it around.

Yes, so did Leicester, but it's not like we were out of it: what if Iwobi scores, Dom finishes that effort (criminal he didn't) or Tarkowski heads it clearly?

I actually think if we'd scored we would have won yesterday because Leicester were, at times, as open and vulnerable as us. They weren't clinical, either.

Yeah, I'm not defending the performance but games change quickly and confidence is built and flattened.

Tilemans worldie is the boost they've got at half time for playing well - even then we played better in the 2nd half.

Flip side is Iwobi scores early on it's a "not other away game" for Leicester.

That's what I've seen a lot this season. We do create some absolute gilt edge chances in games with zero clinical finishing.

It's why I hate the "we've had 2 shots compared to their 10" stat heads. On paper that sounds ace. Leicester had loads of shots...Big chances? 3. Scored 2. Us? 2. And missed both.

It's fine margins.

This is really not very difficult. Lampard has 34 games, and the outcome is 1 point on average. It is not our job to hire or fire managers, but this cannot possibly be good enough. The next game against Bournmouth is a game he must win, if not the club should make changes.

That’s fine if you take that game in isolation, but similar shouts have been made after almost every game. It can’t always be one of those days, at some point you just have to accept that that’s how it is.

I’ve said repeatedly, I don’t want lampard out or anything remotely like that, but we need to stop pretending that questioning him is madness. He’s been here for nearly a full season of games and we’re barely any better overall than we were when he started. People have massively jumped the gun with him and now don’t want to row back.

Not at all there's flaws and they're all in attack. It's fixable.

But there's a huge difference with some on here questioning Lampard and where he needs to improve...and people wanting him out (or indeed using our worst ever manager as a benchmark to get bites).

We've improved from last season on the pitch in some areas, lost in some. It's why it's a rebuild.

This is really not very difficult. Lampard has 34 games, and the outcome is 1 point on average. It is not our job to hire or fire managers, but this cannot possibly be good enough. The next game against Bournmouth is a game he must win, if not the club should make changes.

Palace was a must win. Must wins every week innit

It's why I hate the "we've had 2 shots compared to their 10" stat heads. On paper that sounds ace. Leicester had loads of shots...Big chances? 3. Scored 2. Us? 2. And missed both.

It's fine margins.
Aye, the stats don't provide the full picture. The PPG versus Benitez is now being thrown around against Lampard, and people are calling for his head.

Before people moan, I'm not saying things are perfect with Lampard and we need to improve in areas, but I compare the feeling now compared to last year.

Do we have a better squad and are playing better? For me, the points total doesn't truly reflect the progress we've made, yet it highlights we're not there yet.

Not at all there's flaws and they're all in attack. It's fixable.

But there's a huge difference with some on here questioning Lampard and where he needs to improve...and people wanting him out (or indeed using our worst ever manager as a benchmark to get bites).

We've improved from last season on the pitch in some areas, lost in some. It's why it's a rebuild.
The flaws aren't all in attack though. We're allowing the most shots on goal in the league. It's just unsustainable to defend by having your defenders throw in last ditch tackles for 90 minutes every game.

I like Frank and want him to stay at the moment but it isn't good when you consider all the bad press Leeds and Southampton managers have had yet it is likely they will both be above Everton when the WC break comes.

Yeah, I'm not defending the performance but games change quickly and confidence is built and flattened.

Tilemans worldie is the boost they've got at half time for playing well - even then we played better in the 2nd half.

Flip side is Iwobi scores early on it's a "not other away game" for Leicester.

That's what I've seen a lot this season. We do create some absolute gilt edge chances in games with zero clinical finishing.

It's fine margins.
We scored early against Utd + got absolutely hammered. I think same would've happened yesterday.

They've got better players than us + FL/players got it badly wrong yesterday.

Status
Not open for further replies.