2022/23 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
The time for opinions about Lampard is rapidly drawing to a world cup close.

One way or another the actions this weekend of the man himself will probably determine his fate.
All we can do is sit back and watch.

Hahaha hippo head!
index.jpg

Once you see it, you cannot unsee it!..... (And if I have to suffer, EVERYONE has to suffer) ?

Don't you know we've decided to skip the Europe platform for the display of our skills and instead have gone to capture the Australian Cup.
Well on the one hand, that really is a cup we should be winning - after all, what do those flamin' galahs know about soccerball PLUS if I recall correctly from the last game, Mason Holgate was doing his best to stand on his head to acclimate to the up-side-down gravity we should expect in didgeridooland...

...but on the downside, 'Walloped By Wallabies' is a headline I fear that has already been written. Hopefully it's not tooooo big a defeat or we'll be up Yabbi Creek without a paddle quicker than you can say "Vitor Perreira". ?

Last season Burnley conceded 53 goals....

That was less than Norwich, Watford, Leeds, Everton, Southampton, Aston Villa, Brentford, Newcastle, Leicester, Man Utd and they still went down. Why? Because they didn`t score goals and that should be a stark wake up call to every Evertonian. We are exactly the same this season....

Lampard has made us Burnley
Not really exactly the same. At our current rate, we are on to concede 38 goals. Ignoring the attacking side, and just out-of interest, when was the last time a team was relegated conceding only 38 goals?

Not really exactly the same. At our current rate, we are on to concede 38 goals. Ignoring the attacking side, and just out-of interest, when was the last time a team was relegated conceding only 38 goals?
38 points tho.

Would have to be unlucky to go down with that, based on recent seasons, but it would certainly be close.

39 points and 66 conceded last season, for the record.

Unforunately we are on course to score 30 goals from 38 games, only Norwich scored less last season....

Looked back to 2014, only Huddersfield in 2018 stayed up scoring 30 goals or less.... rest were relegated

Overstating the case for Potter there. He'll be sacked before the season's out.
Chelsea are the RM of British football. They even sack managers who win the European Cup ffs. Well at least they did under Abramovich, it’ll be interesting to see the new guy’s approach.

Chelsea are the RM of British football. They even sack managers who win the European Cup ffs. Well at least they did under Abramovich, it’ll be interesting to see the new guy’s approach.
As much as I like Potter, if his club's billionaire owners/investors don't see their expensively-purchased asset in the wealthy Champions League come end of season, methinks he might be looking for another job.

(Assuming they've figured out how this whole soccerball malarky thing works by then).

But people also underestimate these players, yes they are all inconsistent, but a good manager gets performances, weekly.

We have seen most have excellent games.
The point was about attacking and scoring goals. Objectively at the start of the season it was clear there weren’t enough consistent chance creators, as sisters or goal scorers in the squad.

I’m not absolving Lampard of any tactical blame - the two high number 8 experiment isn’t working and he’s continuing with it. We can set up better, sure but the point is this is a team who is likely going to score either zero one goal a game - that’s the players we have in the creative and forward positions. There’ll be the odd game like Palace but it’ll be the exception.

Palace had their own tactical issues the day we beat them they basically played 415 or being kind a 424 and we’re missing their best midfield player. We’re not going to come up against that.

We can do better, win more games but it’ll be tight 1-0’s that could go either way. That’s where we are and wailing that Lampard hasn’t turned Gray, Gordon, McNeil, Iwobi into 10 + goal a season players isn’t going to change it. The reality is they were never capable of being that.

I can look at a league table though and see Brighton with more goals than Chelsea. Tactics matter. Again I'm not saying we're going to be scoring three a game but the pace is currently to not hit 30 and that's unacceptable.
I agree, tactics matter and to be clear, I’m not saying Lampard isn’t making any tactical errors.

While not acceptable, it was entirely predictable at the start of the season - that’s what happens when you don’t have any consistent big chance creators, assisters or goal scorers in the team and sell the one player who could win matches and papered over a lot of the cracks last season without replacing him.

We’ve consistently downgraded in attacking, creative players (from an already low base) and we’re seeing the inevitable.

Our season is about staying in games and picking up points in tight 1-0 wins, games that could go either way. This team isn’t going to score many goals, it doesn’t have it in them, that’s all there is too it. That’s why being solid is so important.

The point was about attacking and scoring goals. Objectively at the start of the season it was clear there weren’t enough consistent chance creators, as sisters or goal scorers in the squad.

I’m not absolving Lampard of any tactical blame - the two high number 8 experiment isn’t working and he’s continuing with it. We can set up better, sure but the point is this is a team who is likely going to score either zero one goal a game - that’s the players we have in the creative and forward positions. There’ll be the odd game like Palace but it’ll be the exception.

Palace had their own tactical issues the day we beat them they basically played 415 or being kind a 424 and we’re missing their best midfield player. We’re not going to come up against that.

We can do better, win more games but it’ll be tight 1-0’s that could go either way. That’s where we are and wailing that Lampard hasn’t turned Gray, Gordon, McNeil, Iwobi into 10 + goal a season players isn’t going to change it. The reality is they were never capable of being that.
I said at the start mate, we have a quite bad attack, without DCL its just even worse.

I like Demz, but hes a bit wasteful, Gordon is struggling a little and its just not working for Maupay.

Some people seem to think a new manager would come in and wave a magic wand and get everybody firing, they might well do, new manager bounce is a thing and maybe players would react to new ideas, a new man.

And a few people think its dead easy to fix, "Just push up a bit more innit fam", "Tell them to put the white/orange/yellow thing in the net blud".

I like Frank, I want it to work for him here, but currently, for whatever reason, its not.

Big game on Saturday, another damb squid like the other night, then theres questions to ask, real questions, lets hope we have answers Saturday night.

People were mocking me a few weeks ago too and what's happened in the mean time? More crap served up by the team managed by Frank James Lampard OBE

Just for clarity, and I`ve said this a few times. Frank on paper is exactly the manager you would want.

I just cant get in the starry eyed Franky fanboy group just yet while he has the same win ratio and points per game as Rafael Benitez.... He has got to prove he can do the job, if results improve consistently I will be all in. Remains to be seen whether he can....

And the opposite end is the ones who drape a flag of a Chelsea legend in our stadium because we came 16th last season and he fist pumps

The three of you would generate some 'interesting' Mensa scores.

“A winner, like Sean Dyche”

Quite possibly the greatest post ever to grace this site

Who said that?

Frank has won 12 in 37, that is 32.4%

Lose or draw on Saturday that becomes 31.5%

For your next trick....a spelling contest perhaps?

Status
Not open for further replies.