2022/23 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Champions League grade managers ain't coming here as you say, which is fine because they aren't what we need anyway.

The level below however is where we should be shopping, up and coming with already a bit of relative success. That said these people will get shot down by many such as was the case with Howe and Potter, both of whom have left us in their dust.
Overstating the case for Potter there. He'll be sacked before the season's out.

There are people who can balance it better than he has. I'm not saying we'd score 70 goals but currently we'll do we'll to hit 40. We're solid only because he has nothing else to turn to.
But that was obvious before the season started, plenty of people called it. You’ve overestimated some of these players.

There are no goal scorers or players with a history of consistently scoring goals every season in the squad. Just look at their career histories, we’d be lucky if there’s anywhere near 40 goals in that team. There’s nothing surprising about what’s happening here, exactly what I expected and feared before the season kicked off.

I’d be more surprised if the likes of Gray, Gordon, McNeil, Iwobi suddenly turned in a season with 20 - 25 goals between them. We might get 15 between them if we’re lucky based on their previous.

We’re solid because this team has nothing else to offer - not Frank. It’s a season of kitap1. Goals are going to be very hard to come by and we’re going to have to stay in games and grind out some wins. If you think anything else is possible, you’re in for disappointment. Accept where we are, accept these attacking players aren’t very good, aren’t goal scorers, this is their level and we’ll replace them in the summer. Until then, get used to struggling.

Well, tbf, IF Lampard gets sacked (and it's still a big 'if' at this point in time) it'll surely be because the threat of relegation is very real, and Dyche kept budget Burnley in the league for many years, so it's hardly a stretch of imagination that Dyche could well be top of the phone call list.

Fear of relegation is how Hippo Head ended up here, after all.

Status
Not open for further replies.