2022/23 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think at this point in time he realises this is a blooming good job for him. Remember last season he was overlooked for the Norwich job so he was never going to turn this down even if the situation he inherited was very difficult indeed.

Already had his dream job at Chelsea so this is roll your sleeves up and learn a bit more about top level management and he certainly is.

I'd have kept him in the event of relegation but he fulfilled the brief and it's not like his record is that bad either, certainly the home form under him has been largely fine and that will keep the club in premier league which seems to be default position now before the stadium move.

Pound for pound he's certainly massively outperforming Gerrard currently and also Rodgers and Moyes although let's see where those two are at world cup break.

Screenshot_20220918-212801_Google.jpg

If you are gonna post something make sure you have the facts at hand.

Even if he hasn’t bought in to the club itself he’s clearly taking this seriously and it’s important to him to have a good relationship with the fan base, which is the something the fat payday chasing trumpets like Allardyce and Benitez didn’t care about

This isn’t just a job for Lampard, it’s an important chapter in his career, and that’s clear in the way he carries himself

Honestly Mikey I think he felt the passion last season from the fans and something clicked as it mirrors the way he is - same way it's done with other players/managers in yesteryear, but on a very big scale due to the raw emotion of the last two months last season.

I'm very very happy he's already had a go at the chelsea job and they've maybe signed up to a long term manager fir once, funnily enough I don't see any other club in the league 'taking him' off us if he does great, his playing connection rules out the other top 6 and he's already done the Chelsea gig and his contacts there have pretty much left now

I thought his defensive skills would end his stay here but that’s why we’re keyboard warriors…..he has made us very difficult to beat and has signed the right men in defence. Here’s hoping he smells out a few forward gems to kick on and really compete

Spot on mate

"Can't set up a defence" "crap at set pieces"

It's the first thing he's sorted this season.

I'm sure we've faced 106,347 corners already this season and cleared them all.

Honestly Mikey I think he felt the passion last season from the fans and something clicked as it mirrors the way he is - same way it's done with other players/managers in yesteryear, but on a very big scale due to the raw emotion of the last two months last season.

I'm very very happy he's already had a go at the chelsea job and they've maybe signed up to a long term manager fir once, funnily enough I don't see any other club in the league 'taking him' off us if he does great, his playing connection rules out the other top 6 and he's already done the Chelsea gig and his contacts there have pretty much left now

The thing is, and its not meant nastily but he sort of fluffed his lines at Chelsea.

The skills they look for are managing big egos, tactical nous, knowing how to handle the very top end talent etc. Strangely the sort of stuff Ancelotti excels in, but wasnt really required here.

It's a really good fit for him here. He improves players, has a longer term outlook, and is not expected to win every game. People arent worried if stylistically if we go a bit a to b.

So I dont see him going at all.

Hope the doubters have finally acknowledged when he 1st came he tried to play a certain way.
He got a very sharp reminder that the players he inherited couldn't play that way.
He then adjusted to get us over the line.

Now we see the 1st glimpses of the type of players he wants and the system he wants to play with them.
This was always no overnight cure , staying in the Prem was paramount.

It will take time but he has a good solid basis to work with now , more goals will come I'm sure, once the midfield start chipping in with a few.

But there us definately a sense of unity and progression , just need to be a bit patient and watch it grow.

Status
Not open for further replies.