2022/23 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Serious question...honestly. Does Frank really, really 'get us' or is he just blowing smoke up our arses?

Personally, I really do think he has bought into the Club and it's fanbase and understands the passion and belonging which makes us unique.
Its genuine deffo

Reactions: FTY
For the first time I feel we've got a direction under him. His number one aim this summer was to make us far harder to play against because we were a shambles last season and hes addressed that.

Yes obviously we are still clunky going forward but obviously a work in progress.

Absolutely need to build on today but definitely cause for optimism going forward.

The defence is mostly fixed, so is the midfield. The wingers and forwards need a bit more work, but I think this season we’ll be much better off. Well done Frank and the team.

Serious question...honestly. Does Frank really, really 'get us' or is he just blowing smoke up our arses?

Personally, I really do think he has bought into the Club and it's fanbase and understands the passion and belonging which makes us unique.

Even if he hasn’t bought in to the club itself he’s clearly taking this seriously and it’s important to him to have a good relationship with the fan base, which is the something the fat payday chasing trumpets like Allardyce and Benitez didn’t care about

This isn’t just a job for Lampard, it’s an important chapter in his career, and that’s clear in the way he carries himself

I think at this point in time he realises this is a blooming good job for him. Remember last season he was overlooked for the Norwich job so he was never going to turn this down even if the situation he inherited was very difficult indeed.

Already had his dream job at Chelsea so this is roll your sleeves up and learn a bit more about top level management and he certainly is.

I'd have kept him in the event of relegation but he fulfilled the brief and it's not like his record is that bad either, certainly the home form under him has been largely fine and that will keep the club in premier league which seems to be default position now before the stadium move.

Pound for pound he's certainly massively outperforming Gerrard currently and also Rodgers and Moyes although let's see where those two are at world cup break.

aamural
Spot the odd man out.

Status
Not open for further replies.