2022/23 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
I read somewhere we had a clause that we could have sacked him in the summer but didn’t take it up. Hindsight’s a wonderful thing.
Still would've cost the same (or more) as he was on a random 2.5 year contract, no?

No idea why as well lol feels like we're the only team that does this.

Frank deserves credit for his part in the effort to stay up in his first season.

But he and Thelwell also deserves criticism in the signings of Gueye, McNeil and Maupay in lieu of two recognised forwards that would undoubtedly improved our chances of staying up this season.

As a manager I don't believe FL's personality or football builds the kind of 'steel' that builds tough sides as we must now be (a la Dyche, Moyes, Pulis, Alladyce). I think he also lacks tactically with a 'Plan B', and have seen this impact Derby, Chelsea and now us.

So, overall Frank Lampard has more or less sustained the trajectory the club has been on since Moyes left.

Yes, Martinez added Lukaku and narrowly missed out on CL qualification.
Yes, a short-lived bounce under Koeman

But Martinez lost all culture of togetherness, concentration and grit in the team. Koeman and Walsh's hideous, wreckless splurge effectively sent the squad on a long term decline as we became constrained to short-term fixes and reduced FFP terms. Welcome to today. Where we have two areas of near-irreparable damage that's near in on impossible to resolve in the short-term:

1. The board.
The routine replacement of mgt has become their focus, their 'role'. It admonsishes them of all other purpose. So there's no long-term vision other than the new stadium. Only Mosh (and that's now unproven given the rise in costs) has the funds to complete. Therefore the board and quite possibly Mosh has no real purpose at the club now - hence the club being up for sale.

2. The squad
Routine chop n change has decimated this squad of forward and midfield quality that can hurt teams. I do believe we can stay up because others are also struggling Bournemouth, Saints, Wolves, Leeds. I do think of all the managers in that position I'm glad we've got our back 5 or 6 options and Dyche. However all those clubs I believe are ahead of us in terms of their board, buying and readiness to stay-up.

I hope that Dyche gets the unbelievable respect he deserves should he claw back a recovery from this team, and that Premier league survival and Bramley dock enable a change of ownership to kick-start resolving the issues above, and that is behaves in keeping with football this century, and the values of Everton FC.

Our board is a corrosive cancer within a club in a great city, with a lot of fans, that should be in the Premier League. This board is turning that starting point into a debt-laden, rudderless by stander. We risk severe long-term financial limbo should they not move on this year.

Last edited:
There's not much available to Frank in the London area, assuming he wants to get home to the nest of an evening. The only thing is maybe Charlton have a massive dip from now on. Or WHU go down and are foolish enough to appoint him.
Otherwise I'd suggest a non-managerial coaching role with Chelsea or perhaps coaching one of the women's teams.
Seriously.

There's not much available to Frank in the London area, assuming he wants to get home to the nest of an evening. The only thing is maybe Charlton have a massive dip from now on. Or WHU go down and are foolish enough to appoint him.
Otherwise I'd suggest a non-managerial coaching role with Chelsea or perhaps coaching one of the women's teams.
Seriously.
He’s got to be done, surely. He’s proven he’s not a good manager. A name helps for a while, but it doesn’t last forever and he’s had 3 jobs in fairly short order and got nothing positive to show from them really.

He can print the photo of him arms raised in front of the goodison pitch flooded with fans, and hang it in his home office, but his time as a manager is done.

Should have been sacked after the bournemouth league game before the world cup. We throw away so many games with him which has made it near impossible for any manager to save us from the drop.

Status
Not open for further replies.