2022/23 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
After picking up some clothing bargains at the Shelter Shop, Frank and Christine hopped on a bus to The Ivy for a square meal after their ordeal in the north country. Good to see.
View attachment 203307
Let’s also have it right, this could also be part of the reason he failed here. Imagine coming home every evening and having to FaceTime your wife and kids. No doubt over Xmas that becomes hard and little hints of ‘i miss seeing you everyday’ sets in.

Jose was living out of a hotel in a Manchester when he was managing United. There was a clear lack of commitment for him to rent or purchase a home.

Frank is home now. I doubt he would take a job up North again and I think if he’s ready for another crack at managing then he needs to goto a lower league club and try and build something. But he defo needs to be closer to home.

We'd still be in this position as a club even if Lampard was a good manager (which he obviously isn't). While he clearly was helping the situation, he wasn't the real problem. Dyche won't be either when he inevitably fails and is sacked by this time next year. Until the people killing the club are purged from it, we'll be stuck in this painful cycle of sacking poor managers of varying degrees of incompetence with nowt ever changing.

Let’s also have it right, this could also be part of the reason he failed here. Imagine coming home every evening and having to FaceTime your wife and kids. No doubt over Xmas that becomes hard and little hints of ‘i miss seeing you everyday’ sets in.

Jose was living out of a hotel in a Manchester when he was managing United. There was a clear lack of commitment for him to rent or purchase a home.

Frank is home now. I doubt he would take a job up North again and I think if he’s ready for another crack at managing then he needs to goto a lower league club and try and build something. But he defo needs to be closer to home.
He failed because he is very, very bad at managing football teams. No doubt his living situation probably made him slightly unhappy, but I’d venture those two things are almost entirely unrelated.

Him and his team probably did but not just him. Our fault for paying him more than he was on at Chelsea though.

He was on like 75k a week at Chelsea but we gave him over 100k a week.
Not the issue imho - we tend to give manager (and players) stupid several year contracts, so when we sack them it ends up being wayyyyyyyyy too costly.

Everton that.

Not the issue imho - we tend to give manager (and players) stupid several year contracts, so when we sack them it ends up being wayyyyyyyyy too costly.

Everton that.
I read somewhere we had a clause that we could have sacked him in the summer but didn’t take it up. Hindsight’s a wonderful thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.