2022/23 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
When we sold Richarlison then I don't agree that midfield was more important than forward. If others disagree then fine, but I don't see it at all.

We stayed up with this midfield last year mainly because of Richarlison goals. Take away those goals and don't replace them and I see nothing but a relegation fight. DCL being out injured makes striker even more priority, and it's now a crisis.

I would much rather have seen us signing one midfielder and one striker rather than two midfielders. I think that is going to leave the squad looking very unbalanced.
Why are you so determined to put things in order of priority though? We needed to improve the midfield and the attack, and we still do. Neither is more important than the other really, our options in both areas are poor and need to addressed. We definitely need a new forward, I agree with you 100%, but that doesn't mean it's wrong of the club to make deals elsewhere. I also wouldn't exclude Lampard when you're talking about these deals, I'd say there's a pretty decent chance that the lack of a striker coming in has something to do with him.

Graham Potter is an example of a man who can coach a team. Look at them yesterday, pressing from the front, everyone understand their role, and defending well. You cannot say that their squad is better than ours, can you? They have a good coach. It's why I am reluctant to say 'These lads aren't good enough to play the way Lampard wants to play' . I hope to see these lads improving very soon without the pressure of relegation on them.

Why are you so determined to put things in order of priority though? We needed to improve the midfield and the attack, and we still do. Neither is more important than the other really, our options in both areas are poor and need to addressed. We definitely need a new forward, I agree with you 100%, but that doesn't mean it's wrong of the club to make deals elsewhere. I also wouldn't exclude Lampard when you're talking about these deals, I'd say there's a pretty decent chance that the lack of a striker coming in has something to do with him.

The league has already started and the forward options are going to stop us from winning matches until we find answers. That's why the order matters. A weak midfield can be coped with in the short term, but non existent forward options can't.

I have no idea on who is making the decisions but I would be gobsmacked if Lampard is happy with the current situation.

Thelwell has been given full control of transfers after Moshiri finally saw the light after 6 years this summer and started letting club employees do their jobs. That’s what I’ve been led to believe on here.

The best offense is a good defence and based on the names we are supposedly talking to it's obvious Lampard has realised ours from last season was inadequate. Tarkowski is already an upgrade, Mina's made of glass and our fullbacks are young and relatively inexperienced, it's vital we improve the centre backs and if we do we will certainly be better off than last year.

Graham Potter is an example of a man who can coach a team. Look at them yesterday, pressing from the front, everyone understand their role, and defending well. You cannot say that their squad is better than ours, can you? They have a good coach. It's why I am reluctant to say 'These lads aren't good enough to play the way Lampard wants to play' . I hope to see these lads improving very soon without the pressure of relegation on them.

Yes. Without a doubt. Not a single Everton midfielder would get in the Brighton team. They recruit better. Just sold bossuma and cucurella and they still have players who they recruited who are comfortable on the ball and slot in. Mwepu didnt even start at old trafford and he'd be the first name on the sheet in Evertons midfield.
But Potter is a fantastic coach. I was quite embarrassed on here just about a year ago at Everton fans turning their stuck up noses to him because he wasnt fashionable or (get this) the way he looked ?
Everton should have rolled the carpet out to get Potter. And let him build right through the club his philosophy on how to play. Huge opportunity missed. Though tbh im not sure he would have even touched this basket case of a club.

Yes. Without a doubt. Not a single Everton midfielder would get in the Brighton team. They recruit better. Just sold bossuma and cucurella and they still have players who they recruited who are comfortable on the ball and slot in. Mwepu didnt even start at old trafford and he'd be the first name on the sheet in Evertons midfield.
But Potter is a fantastic coach. I was quite embarrassed on here just about a year ago at Everton fans turning their stuck up noses to him because he wasnt fashionable or (get this) the way he looked ?
Everton should have rolled the carpet out to get Potter. And let him build right through the club his philosophy on how to play. Huge opportunity missed. Though tbh im not sure he would have even touched this basket case of a club.
Potter is class, likewise the dude at Forest who's done a similarly great job lifting them out of relegation in the Championship.

We went for a name, that's fine. I'm not sure Potter would've traded Brighton for us looking down the barrel. Lamps did OK last season, well in fact.

Not signing a forward was ridiculous though. DCL's patchy fitness was a red flag that seems to have got past Lamps & Thelwell. Concerning.

Potter is class, likewise the dude at Forest who's done a similarly great job lifting them out of relegation in the Championship.

We went for a name, that's fine. I'm not sure Potter would've traded Brighton for us looking down the barrel. Lamps did OK last season, well in fact.

Not signing a forward was ridiculous though. DCL's patchy fitness was a red flag that seems to have got past Lamps & Thelwell. Concerning.

Cooper looks a great coach( he's a red but hey ho) but Potter is more advanced in his experience now. Both went through same swansea route.
Wanted Potter here so bad. I watched his teams go to anfield and sh!t the life out of them. Drew but got robbed. Watched them play city a few times and you couldnt tell who was top of the league. They were easly out playing city.
We play these teams and its been the same for years. We're usually petrified to cross the halfway line.

No, but they are stronger characters with a greater team spirit. Makes a big difference.

They are better players mate. I watch them a fair bit because i enjoy how they play. Their players carry the ball with ease. We have players like davies and doucoure who look like one of those clown cars that fall to bits when it travels 10 yards.

They are better players mate. I watch them a fair bit because i enjoy how they play. Their players carry the ball with ease. We have players like davies and doucoure who look like one of those clown cars that fall to bits when it travels 10 yards.
This is the big question tho. If those same Brighton players were playing for Everton they might look like those clown cars.

Status
Not open for further replies.