2022/23 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really like him and am desperate for him to do well here.

It could be the beginning of a special relationship.

If the Club backs him over the next 2-3 weeks (like they have been over the last 2-3 weeks), then I think we are well placed to surprise a few both among Everton fans and externally.

He has proven to be pragmatic, willing to try things and to rectify past mistakes, or even his mistakes. The lack of stubbornness is refreshing. He also clearly has a staff that have defined roles and are willing to do their part to help the overall team.

Most importantly, he has improved individuals, with Iwobi being the clear example. Turned him from villain to hero on the terraces.

Because all I see is people not understanding our position and defending our recruitment this summer. The club don't deserve any excuses.

How can people say with a straight face that team yesterday, with Gordon and Gray trying to play at centre forward, was better than last year when Richarlison was in our attack? It's just not true.

I'm just fed up with this club. How can the manager be expected to win football matches at this level with those sort of options. The rest of the team was fine but up top it was completely embarrassing. We were absolutely useless in the final third. Why not prioritise that glaring problem rather than go after Coady etc?
We simply couldn't go with the same defence or midfield either. If we’re hard to beat we stand a chance. DCL getting injured is a disaster, no doubt, but the squad was lacking everywhere.

A striker is needed, but so is a CB.

Rondon will be up front next week and the midfield will be massively upgraded.

Got about 3 weeks left of the transfer window, I think?

Let's see where we are then. My top tip for summer stress free - just ignore the transfer window and don't get agitated.

Of course, come 1st Sept I'll be gnashing my teeth if it's all gone to crap. Think Lampard will lose whatever hair he has left of he's got no forward(s) in.

We simply couldn't go with the same defence or midfield either. If we’re hard to beat we stand a chance. DCL getting injured is a disaster, no doubt, but the squad was lacking everywhere.

A striker is needed, but so is a CB.

Rondon will be up front next week and the midfield will be massively upgraded.

That means we have virtually no chance of getting a result. He's one of the worst forwards in the league.

It’s a cliche because it’s true ‘build from the back’. We need to be hard to beat first and then we can work from that solid base on how to score goals and win games. The signings will have achieved the first part, DCL being injured has scuppered plans in the short term. Better to face solving this now while the window is open than us going on a good run, thinking we don’t need cover, and then him getting injured just as the window shuts.

That means we have virtually no chance of getting a result. He's one of the worst forwards in the league.
As opposed to keeping the old defence and midfield when we rarely got a result?

Everything needed upgrading with the exception of GK but for some reason you're determined not to see the bigger picture.

As opposed to keeping the old defence and midfield when we rarely got a result?

Everything needed upgrading with the exception of GK but for some reason you're determined not to see the bigger picture.

The bigger picture is that improving other areas when we have absolutely no goals, is nothing more than putting on a sticking plaster or rearranging the deck chairs.

We can have a terrific defence this season but we will still lose far more than we win with this abysmal front line. The squad is going to be hugely unbalanced and our fans seem oblivious to it. I know people want to believe things will be better, but it's really just false hope at the minute. There's no basis to the argument we are somehow better this season. Like we beat Chelsea last season but didn't lay a glove on them this weekend and it was nothing to do with tactics.

I hope Frank's quotation in the Red Echo does not mean what it appears to mean. He says we are not Chelsea passing the ball from the back . Also the fans don't want us to play like that? Seems to say we like it booted forward from the back (Pickford?). I must have misunderstood him.

The bigger picture is that improving other areas when we have absolutely no goals, is nothing more than putting on a sticking plaster or rearranging the deck chairs.

We can have a terrific defence this season but we will still lose far more than we win with this abysmal front line. The squad is going to be hugely unbalanced and our fans seem oblivious to it. I know people want to believe things will be better, but it's really just false hope at the minute. There's no basis to the argument we are somehow better this season. Like we beat Chelsea last season but didn't lay a glove on them this weekend and it was nothing to do with tactics.
If you don't concede, you don't lose. That's why most top managers build from the back.

We all know that we need another striker. We're being linked to loads of them. I'm confident we'll get one though less confident on how good they'll be.

However, everyone (but you?) also knows that we need to tighten up at the back by improving the defence and midfield urgently too. You stating exactly the same point over and over again doesn't change that.

And why are you comparing a single result against Chelsea as a barometer for this season and last? We suffered a narrow defeat because of a foolishly given away penalty against a club who has a long list of reserves we'd happily sign or borrow.

If you don't concede, you don't lose. That's why most top managers build from the back.

We all know that we need another striker. We're being linked to loads of them. I'm confident we'll get one though less confident on how good they'll be.

However, everyone (but you?) also knows that we need to tighten up at the back by improving the defence and midfield urgently too. You stating exactly the same point over and over again doesn't change that.

And why are you comparing a single result against Chelsea as a barometer for this season and last? We suffered a narrow defeat because of a foolishly given away penalty against a club who has a long list of reserves we'd happily sign or borrow.

I thought they were poor and will be surprised if they get top 4. We would have easily got a result with a top flight level front line.

I recognise we needed players in absolutely every position. I don't think I've ever argued anything different. But our biggest problem right now, after signing Tarkowski (who I rate highly) is absolutely in attack. I have no idea how we are going to win matches with those options at centre forward. Gordon tried hard, but let's be honest, he looked exactly like what you'd expect from a young winger trying to play as a 9.

I thought they were poor and will be surprised if they get top 4. We would have easily got a result with a top flight level front line.

I recognise we needed players in absolutely every position. I don't think I've ever argued anything different. But our biggest problem right now, after signing Tarkowski (who I rate highly) is absolutely in attack. I have no idea how we are going to win matches with those options at centre forward. Gordon tried hard, but let's be honest, he looked exactly like what you'd expect from a young winger trying to play as a 9.
Your point blank refusal to accept that the midfield was in desperate need of overhaul and was seen as the priority area to address by 99.99% of fans is both admirable and baffling in equal measure.

Your point blank refusal to accept that the midfield was in desperate need of overhaul and was seen as the priority area to address by 99.99% of fans is both admirable and baffling in equal measure.

When we sold Richarlison then I don't agree that midfield was more important than forward. If others disagree then fine, but I don't see it at all.

We stayed up with this midfield last year mainly because of Richarlison goals. Take away those goals and don't replace them and I see nothing but a relegation fight. DCL being out injured makes striker even more priority, and it's now a crisis.

I would much rather have seen us signing one midfielder and one striker rather than two midfielders. I think that is going to leave the squad looking very unbalanced.

I hope Frank's quotation in the Red Echo does not mean what it appears to mean. He says we are not Chelsea passing the ball from the back . Also the fans don't want us to play like that? Seems to say we like it booted forward from the back (Pickford?). I must have misunderstood him.

…I think it means we aim to get the ball forward quicker, not necessarily by going long. We still see Pickford passing short to Mina but as we all know, it’s often high risk having interplay across the defence with our personnel.

Status
Not open for further replies.