2022/23 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you didn't realise that we never looked like actually scoring a goal then maybe football is not for you.

We were better defensively and better in possession but being better in possession does not win points. If you are as toothless as we were then you can expect a very long season. We can sign the best midfielders in the world but we will still lose football matches with that powder puff front line.

The club clearly aren't aware enough of the need of a goalscorer because we sold Richarlison over a month ago and instead they are thinking about spending money on Conor Coady. They put all their eggs in the DCL basket and that was just stupid given his obvious injury concerns.

Until we sign a proper goalscorer then we are going to see matches like yesterday on repeat. We will be competitive but will lost most weeks because other teams can score and we can't. If that isn't a massive concern then I don't know what is.

I honestly think the people who think a team can improve despite losing all its goalscorers fundamentally don't understand how football works. If you think our team has improved on last year after losing Richarlison, and having an injured DCL, then you don't understand football. If you can't score you can't win.

Why you so miserable lately, Tim

Why you so miserable lately, Tim

Because all I see is people not understanding our position and defending our recruitment this summer. The club don't deserve any excuses.

How can people say with a straight face that team yesterday, with Gordon and Gray trying to play at centre forward, was better than last year when Richarlison was in our attack? It's just not true.

I'm just fed up with this club. How can the manager be expected to win football matches at this level with those sort of options. The rest of the team was fine but up top it was completely embarrassing. We were absolutely useless in the final third. Why not prioritise that glaring problem rather than go after Coady etc?

Because all I see is people not understanding our position and defending our recruitment this summer. The club don't deserve any excuses.

How can people say with a straight face that team yesterday, with Gordon and Gray trying to play at centre forward, was better than last year when Richarlison was in our attack? It's just not true.

I'm just fed up with this club. How can the manager be expected to win football matches at this level with those sort of options. The rest of the team was fine but up top it was completely embarrassing. We were absolutely useless in the final third. Why not prioritise that glaring problem rather than go after Coady etc?

I mean it is a glaring problem but so is centre half after yesterday.

Its all relative though isn’t it? Defensively we looked far more stable than we ever did last season. The midfield remains as pants as it was then, but we have a couple of proper DM’s coming in that will address that issue immediately. So on that basis that two of the three main areas will be improved, albeit with one much w

Status
Not open for further replies.