2022/23 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
He won't survive November if he doesn't sign an effective striker.
We're doomed if he doesn't bring one in and if we bring tat like Adams in.

It's got to be Broja or similar quality or we'll take the drop.

A striker who guarantees us 10-12 goals is what's needed....and that DM slot sorted out.

….absolutely, particularly given how fragile he’s been this last 12 months. Even for Everton, I’d be amazed if that was the case.
That's where this club are. Budgeting to scrape through - and making a mess even of that.

Transcript please..... People often hear what they want to hear
Addressing the urgency of getting a striker in and how the fans are worried that 7 weeks has gone by without getting one in, he said that "the weeks after the Richarlison sale and up to DCLs injury weren't relevant" to that timeline. Ergo, the search was not going on for one and it was about looking to address defence and midfield.

If he was going to look at a forward before DCL was injured it was always going to be a striker who came in to add numbers in an emergency rather than a core team striker...which is what we need now.

That's where this club are. Budgeting to scrape through - and making a mess even of that.

…it wouldn’t make sense, even from a budget perspective.

No reason to bring Vinagre in whilst McNeil can cover as LWB, surely priority to bring in an effective striker. I’d be amazed if a striker isn’t in the plans, regardless of DCL injury.

The weeks he was referring to were those as of when DCL got injured i.e. we've had four weeks to search/ identify not 7 as the interviewer tried to insinuate - perhaps in order to create column inches or consolidate his own agenda.....

Which of the 2 reasons for the question would you tip?

…it wouldn’t make sense, even from a budget perspective.

No reason to bring Vinagre in whilst McNeil can cover as LWB, surely priority to bring in an effective striker. I’d be amazed if a striker isn’t in the plans, regardless of DCL injury.
I cant see the case for Vinagre, McNeil or Coady before a new striker....either before or after DCL's injury.

Lampard is not making sense on that.

That is an interpretation , but not what he said.

Not really a stretch though from what was said.

It was a bit silly to say no one saw DCL getting injured. He had missed 2 thirds of last season with recurring injury problems and had literally just had to miss the Blackpool game a week earlier. Obviously they were aware of some sort of issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.