2022/23 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Look at villa's squad, you would have to work seriously hard to take them down. If nothing else they have plenty of goals in that team ( which we could only dream of ). so not really a great comparison on what Lampard's got in front of him to try and get a tune out of.

If you can't score goals you won't win matches....
Teams that end up in relegation battles are invariably teams that struggle to score , the value of a goal scorer or scorers is exactly for that reason . Add 5 goals to various games this season and we’d be 6th , if we don’t add goals we’ll be deep in it but if we do I think we’ll be relatively comfortable.

It was interesting to see Michael Keane once again participating in sessions with the forwards and wingers. You can actually see he's a better finisher than defender.

I'm starting to feel we may see Frank pumping him up front.
I know it’s proper old school but when we had nobody up front , like nobody , I may well have pushed him up on occasions just so the ball stuck up there.

I know it’s proper old school but when we had nobody up front , like nobody , I may well have pushed him up on occasions just so the ball stuck up there.
That's what has come to my mind. It's unlikely to happen (I'm probably being a wee bit fanciful), but he's regularly seen training with the forward line.

We know he can finish, and it's been mentioned a few times that he was a striker and it's a strength of his, so with Rondon gone and Dom injured...

It's not something I'm overtly advocating, yet if we need a target man I think he could do a better job than some of our more diminutive, lighter weight options.

That's what has come to my mind. It's unlikely to happen (I'm probably being a wee bit fanciful), but he's regularly seen training with the forward line.

We know he can finish, and it's been mentioned a few times that he was a striker and it's a strength of his, so with Rondon gone and Dom injured...

It's not something I'm overtly advocating, yet if we need a target man I think he could do a better job than some of our more diminutive, lighter weight options.
Frank wants to sell Michael Kean iam told.
But if hes demonstrated to Frank he can play as a 9 why not.
We fans on tge terraces know nowt, till he plays, kicks off.
If Frank, coaching staff pick him, play him it happens.
If hes terrible, hes off ,got 5subs!!Franks gone if we lose.
But whats wrong with Simms, Cannon if ya playing Kean as a 9.
Yep fancifull

Frank wants to sell Michael Kean iam told.
But if hes demonstrated to Frank he can play as a 9 why not.
We fans on tge terraces know nowt, till he plays, kicks off.
If Frank, coaching staff pick him, play him it happens.
If hes terrible, hes off ,got 5subs!!Franks gone if we lose.
But whats wrong with Simms, Cannon if ya playing Kean as a 9.
Yep fancifull
Translation

Frank wants to sell Michael Kean (Keane) I am told, but if he’s demonstrated to Frank he can play as a 9, why not?

We fans on the terrace know nothing, until he plays (completely false, we know how bad he is), kicks off

If Frank, coaching staff, pick him or play him, it happens, if he’s terrible (which is usually the case), he’s off, got 5 subs. Frank is gone if we lose

But what’s wrong with Simms (playing at Sunderland), Cannon if you’re playing Kean (Keane) as a 9

Yep fanciful

Correcto. Sacked after we get massacred by the wolves.
Come on. There's no chance the club has just spent an entire month with no football being behind the manager, only to sack him if there's a defeat in the first game back. Even EFC/Moshiri is not that level of bonkers (probably).

He'll no doubt get the transfer window, we'll pressumably bring in 1 or 2 players, get 1 or 2 back from injury and hopefully progress. If results are still bad come Feb/March, he'll likely be replaced along with a few other managers of the teams down the bottom.

Come on. There's no chance the club has just spent an entire month with no football being behind the manager, only to sack him if there's a defeat in the first game back. Even EFC/Moshiri is not that level of bonkers (probably).

He'll no doubt get the transfer window, we'll pressumably bring in 1 or 2 players, get 1 or 2 back from injury and hopefully progress. If results are still bad come Feb/March, he'll likely be replaced along with a few other managers of the teams down the bottom.
If he loses against Wolves I think he will be gone after the City game.

Why not sack him after wolves? What’s likely to change at city. Personally I think he will see the season out, unless it gets to the point we go into free fall and are bottom of the table in another 7/8 games
Because City is pretty much a nailed on loss so what is another loss to Lampard whilst they look for a replacement

If he loses against Wolves I think he will be gone after the City game.
Can't see it myself. The club has had 4+ weeks to make a managerial change if they want, to then do it 2 games after the restart with the transfer window open, scrambling round looking for a new manager in the middle of fixtures, who has had zero time to work with the squad but who hopefully fancies the players KT is trying to sign just seems like madness even beyond Moshiri's EFC.

Can't see it myself. The club has had 4+ weeks to make a managerial change if they want, to then do it 2 games after the restart with the transfer window open, scrambling round looking for a new manager in the middle of fixtures, who has had zero time to work with the squad but who hopefully fancies the players KT is trying to sign just seems like madness even beyond Moshiri's EFC.
They could have a list of replacements ready to go. No point in giving Lampard another transfer window if there's been 0 improvement in his points per games after one transfer window

Status
Not open for further replies.